Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: ADVERTISING
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 06:57:01 pm »
I'd keep quiet now Dan, I think Derek is already thinking of moving to Boston. ;D

derek west

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 07:16:29 pm »
heli-mount and commute ;D
derek

derek west

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 07:17:17 pm »
and i could save money on a room dryer, just hover over the house ;D
derek

Ben Lugg

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 08:59:00 pm »
Hi Dan,
Recently I only advertise in our local free paper. Pretty much most of my work comes from this. I think it reflects that the free paper has been going a long time and is the first thing local people pick up when they want a trade or a service.
I do hand out business cards etc to customers so of course some work is referrals.  I do a bit of cold calling on businesses too.
I've advertised in the "pay for" papers in the past, but with very little response so I gave up on those.
Good luck with it.
Ben

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 09:05:27 pm »
I've done A4 leaflets in free papers and get 1:1000. I just pick the areas so the job prices tend to be about the average. I know it's not a lot but with referrals and going on the DB the return is worthwhile.

I especially like things you can pay and forget until the calls come in.

markpowell

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 09:45:54 pm »
Just after your experience of advertising.

I currently get most of my work form my website, refereals, existing contracts and a village mag. These consistently generate @ the same return every week.

However I have tried in the past to expand the business with little success. I just cant seem to repeat the same returns in other areas. I have tried leaflets; just done @ 20k and got 1 call! Was thinking about doing the free papers as get same sort of coverage for less outlay.

Anyone have success with these paers or are paid for papers a better bet.

Any advice/comments would appreciated.

Dan

1 call on 20k of leaflets, did they definately get posted?
If they did you need to have a look at the leaflet, it needs changing.
Mark

DanielWelford

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 08:41:14 am »
Hi Mark

I think they have been sent, but me thinks the leaflet could do with changing. I do like yours that you posted on another thread.

Dan

Tre Allen

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2009, 10:16:49 pm »
I have to agree, website+blog and referrals are our best way of marketing right now. Receiving 1-3 jobs just off the internet alone per day speaks volumes. :)

Then starting a email marketing campaign is the next step for internet marketing.

Referrals are also a great source of pulling in new jobs :)