Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

old leaded
« on: April 07, 2009, 11:47:42 pm »
hi
been wfp over 2yrs now.
got a few old fashioned leaded window, customers.
having a problem with 1 of the jobs, customer saying getting drip marks on most of front windows.

I know why basically water droplets getting through and running down inside of glass :'(

anyway round this using wfp? Did with the  ladder, seem to take bloody ages.
help! anyone,  don't want to lose custy as she's nice lady but don't much fancy ladders and scrims on it :'(
lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

[GQC] Tim

Re: old leaded
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 12:59:47 am »

No way around it I'm afraid, that's their problem, they need new windows (lol.)

You can minimize it, but not prevent it.

If you have a digital varistream and a similar set-up as mine (see sig), put the shutoff pressure on 7, flow rate on 1.

As for brushing technique, brush only in downward strokes. From side to side seems to go well too.

A trigger on the pole is even better because you can give short squirts of water during brushing, whilst having it on whilst rinsing.

Helen

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:25:44 am »
wfp and original leads are really not suited. The glass will be fragile too and the leads may have holes which you can't always see. Trad way i'm afraid, but then that is why we can all do wfp and trad. Tools in your tool box :)

Londoner

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 07:49:31 am »
Some old leaded windows are so fragile they move back and forward. I do some that are well over 100 years old but leaks are inevetable. You can always go inside and give them a wipe afterwards.

Most customers understand this, I wouldn't do them trad because they are so fragile. If the customer doesn't like the leaks tell them to find another window cleaner. You don't have to be nasty about it.

Thats my answer to every problem these days. I don't have problems with my customers I just have ex customers.

paulben

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 04:29:15 pm »
I wont even do old leaded if the glass looks like its going to fall out tell custy this when I give them quote never had a prob with custy over this
Do not steal the government hates competition

lee_dewing

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »
thanks all, i think i'l tell custy in polite-ish manner wfp or someone else i did it trad it took bloody ages,

frankly i'd  rather not bother :'(

NWH

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 11:41:04 pm »
I WFP them i tell them they will leak slightly and there fine with that,i`m not tradding them anymore.

lee_dewing

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 07:54:46 am »
nwh,
thats what i've been saying and all been o.k

:D there'e always one though
happy easter all  :D
lee