Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyman

compacting your round
« on: April 06, 2009, 11:11:26 pm »
hi folks been building my round bit by bit over the past few months.got 96 custies now most on 4 weekly but what i am finding is i seem to be doing a lot of travelling between jobs.up untill now when i get a new custie phone i fit them in for there first clean within 4 to 5 days,i.m thinking now telling all new custies"i will put you down on my books and will text the night before were due to clean in your area which could be anywere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks"any one else do this?

pjulk

Re: compacting your round
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 11:39:54 pm »
If i have someone ring me i tell them that i will fit them in when im next in the area.

I had that today i finished one area last week and someone rang and asked for me to clean there windows and i said i have just finished that area and won't be around there for another 3 weeks.
I can fit you in then if you are still interested.
Anyway she said i will think about it.
5 Miniutes later she rang back and asked if i can add her to my books.

If they can't wait until i'm in that area again, No loss really as i have never cleaned them anyway.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 11:48:21 pm »
If they call me and it's within a few days of doing that road anway then I'll slot them in. If they are two or three weeks out of synch then sometimes I do a first clean fairly quickly at (first clean prices of course) and then fit them next time (or the time after) that I am in the area.

I've got one that I did on 26/2 when all the rest were due 10/3. (I missed her out 10/3) But her next clean will be about 8th to 10th April with the rest of the road. If that makes sense?
It's a game of three halves!

williamx

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 06:27:53 am »
I would also suggest, that every time you clean these propertys you knock the houses on either side and offer your services, make a point that you are their neighbours cleaner, show them how good you are and get you customer to also recommend you as well.

After time you will get them and then you target their next door neighbours, in no time at all you will have a compact round.

cybersye

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 06:54:57 am »
Its spring, and a good time of year for new customers. I agree with slotting them in when you are in area BUT you will have to weigh up how many cleaners there are in yor area and whether these customers are willing to wait, they may not.
rather than lose a potential customer I have done as Malc suggested and clean them and then maybe be a bit late on the next one to fit in with regular round and explain this to them  ;)

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 07:19:53 am »
The first question I would ask is how do you get these new customers? If you are picking up work too far away its no good for you.
All my customers are in a three mile area around where I live. We leaflet only in this area and repeat leaflets every 6 months until we got what we wanted.

Now we don't leaflet at all. We haven't done any for over a year, but we have still had about 30 calls recently from old leaflets that people have kept.

Thats why I favour leaflets

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 06:46:29 pm »
If you are picking up work too far away its no good for you.

That really depends on the size of the job.  I used to travel about 30 minutes to do one £45 house, but from that one account I've picked up another four jobs that're all closely co-located; they're all rural; but nice jobs and good customers.

That's one of our favourate days.