Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

Shurflo or Flowjet
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:06:04 pm »
Up until now i have used shurflo, But i need another pump.
Was thinking of getting a flowjet, so any advice would be good.
I use a Ecoflow controller, and read some where that you don't need a controler for a flowjet , is this right?
anyways info would be good from peeps who have used the flow jet or both.

Thanks
Martin

Re: Shurflo or Flowjet
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 05:34:01 pm »
Up until now i have used shurflo, But i need another pump.
Was thinking of getting a flowjet, so any advice would be good.
I use a Ecoflow controller, and read some where that you don't need a controler for a flowjet , is this right?
anyways info would be good from peeps who have used the flow jet or both.

Thanks
Martin

I use a flojet without flow controller.  I do have a return to tank pipe though.
I understand that shurflo don't warranty their pumps if used with hose less than half inch.  Flojet do warrany their's though (so I believe).  I guess that speaks for itself.
If I've got the above wrong, please say so somebody.

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 07:06:02 pm »
Where did you get yours from ?
What psi is it ?
Thanks

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:16:51 pm »
I've got a 60psi flojet that I've had for about 4 years or more.  Originally it was installed in an Omnitrolley but when I graduated to a van mount I fitted a 100psi shurflo and varistream.

Now I don't do so much physical work, I've downgraded again to a Courier with a 300lt tank and put the 60psi flojet in it.  All you need is a pipe connecting across from the inlet side of the pump to the outlet, and a valve in it to control how much water bypasses back from the outlet side to the inlet.

The flojet is still going strong, and produces far more pressure and flow than I need for 100m of microbore and a 35ft pole.

wightsurf

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 07:27:14 pm »
Thanks Ian
I think i will give one ago.
Just got to find somewhere that sells them.

rah

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 07:33:03 pm »
You'll find them on the link.

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php/Pumps/View-all-products.html

I've been on the same Flojet for about 4 yrs also.

Rob.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

wightsurf

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 07:50:05 pm »
Thanks Rob i going have a look  ;D

wizclean

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:42:43 pm »
cheaper at cleaning spot

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 08:46:33 pm »
Wheres cleaning spot ?
Thanks

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 09:00:33 pm »
Wheres cleaning spot ?
Thanks
online site i think it is www.cleaningspot.co.uk
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 09:01:25 pm »
www.dualpumps.co.uk repair theirs.

wightsurf

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 09:18:27 pm »
Thanks for the links but looks like cleaning spot are sold out.
Jeff i have ordered a catalog as they don't show much on there site, but thanks.

Has anyone tried the Aquatec 100 PSI pump ?

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 08:34:59 am »
Where did you get yours from ?
What psi is it ?
Thanks

I got mine from Omnipole but it's a standard pump that you could get from any supplier really.  I use 100 PSI because it's for 100 metres of microbore.  I'm told that a 60 PSI isn't enough for such a setup though I've not tried it.

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 08:36:57 am »
I've got a 60psi flojet that I've had for about 4 years or more.  Originally it was installed in an Omnitrolley but when I graduated to a van mount I fitted a 100psi shurflo and varistream.

Now I don't do so much physical work, I've downgraded again to a Courier with a 300lt tank and put the 60psi flojet in it.  All you need is a pipe connecting across from the inlet side of the pump to the outlet, and a valve in it to control how much water bypasses back from the outlet side to the inlet.

The flojet is still going strong, and produces far more pressure and flow than I need for 100m of microbore and a 35ft pole.

That's interesting.  I was always told that 60 PSI isn't enough for such a setup.  Sounds like it works OK though.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 08:44:40 am »
i run the 5 litre per minute, 100psi shurflo with no problems, with this one you can run 2 people of it needed with 100 metre of minibore each

wightsurf

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 05:20:59 pm »
At the mo i run a 100 psi shurflo but was thinking of getting a flojet. I think i will stick with shurflo now.

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 06:59:08 pm »
At the mo i run a 100 psi shurflo but was thinking of getting a flojet. I think i will stick with shurflo now.

If the shurflow breaks inside the guarantee period, you may be better of saying that you only use half inch hose if you want the guarantee honoured.  Not that I would suggest lying of course.

wightsurf

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 07:40:06 pm »
I just looked at  my hose, and the outside diameter is just half inch   ;D ;D
Will that do.  ;D