Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kris martin

Re: speed with a trolley
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2009, 07:54:24 am »
have heard a few guy sup in scotland prefer trolley/backpack to vans mounts. i'm seriously thinking i made the wrong move now
we have a trolley and i know for a fact that the majority of my work would just not suit a van mount, we fly around the work one doing tops with pole and the other downstairs on the A ladder doing trad..  i would not under any circumstances swap the trolley for a van mount. ( i would have both though)

i tell you what we must of looked like lorrel and hardy for the first 2 weeks, dropping barrels, tripping up over machine, tripping over hoses etc etc etc

dai

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 08:21:14 am »
have heard a few guy sup in scotland prefer trolley/backpack to vans mounts. i'm seriously thinking i made the wrong move now
we have a trolley and i know for a fact that the majority of my work would just not suit a van mount, we fly around the work one doing tops with pole and the other downstairs on the A ladder doing trad..  i would not under any circumstances swap the trolley for a van mount. ( i would have both though)

i tell you what we must of looked like lorrel and hardy for the first 2 weeks, dropping barrels, tripping up over machine, tripping over hoses etc etc etc

I have to agree, A trolley with a 25/30 meter hose reel attached, and can carry 2 x 25ltr containers.
It has to be quicker moving a trolley than moving the van.
On highly compact work, the trolley is King.

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 08:41:49 am »
my tap TDS is 22 which is a real bonus as you use less Resin ( a bag lasts me around 4 months for two DI vessels)  also i can only talk for my own situation, your work will be different from mine...i tried van mount on the run you can see on google when i converted it, however with all the cars parked near the houses and in the driveways along with the wheelybins,bikes etc all i ever got was hassle with the hose, i did it that way for six months and was on the verge of going back to ladders when it was suggested i go down the backpack on a sacktruck route, boy what a difference, even with the tank being in the van and having to go back and forth it was still a lot faster than working out of the vanmount, but as i got more experience, info etc i decided to try the DI on the sacktruck also as most of the custies have taps.....tried it and i won a watch, as working in that street is a canter now, very few hassles ( i have tripped over the hose a couple of times, apart from that nothing) i do all my domestic work this way now, some runs are not as easy as that one, some are much easier, but i wish i had the knowledge of backpack on a sacktruck with attached DI at the beginning, i would have saved so much hassle for myself. 8)

EZclean

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2009, 08:46:00 am »
22 out of the tap  ;D  :o
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

dai

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2009, 09:15:30 am »
yep 22 8)

Barmouth, north wales 19ppm. can any one beat that?

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2009, 09:31:47 am »
good on ye ;)...you using DI at the custies?

JSMC

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2009, 02:31:58 pm »
i do an area where there is another window cleaner, we arrived pretty much the same time as each other (around 7.40 am), he was started within 2 mins of arriving on his ladders,  i reckon he did 3 houses before i got to my 1st at 8am.

3pm

me 55 (smallish houses)

him 30 (smallish houses)

i reckon i will stick to wfp 8)

you will get faster i assure you.

where you get your trolley from mate? any pics etc

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2009, 03:05:48 pm »
when i say trolley, i meant backpack on a sacktruck/trolley..you can view all these on my shop site, www.wfpshop.com

8)

JSMC

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2009, 03:37:44 pm »
do they not break easy if getting heavy use the backpacks?

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2009, 03:39:35 pm »
nope, i have used my trolley now for over a year without any hassles, they are sturdy trolleys. 8)

JSMC

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2009, 03:47:18 pm »
nope, i have used my trolley now for over a year without any hassles, they are sturdy trolleys. 8)

i meant the backpacks? are they not made just for general use and not everyday ?

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2009, 04:13:16 pm »
they are designed as crop sprayers, and as such they come with NO warranty from shurflo if used for anything else ie window cleaning, however i have been using the same backpack now for over a year ( 4 days a week, 6-8 hours per day)without any hassles, i have heard stories from other guys that they only got 9 months or so out of theirs, so its really down to how you look after it i suppose, but they def are worth the money IMHO. ;)

pjulk

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2009, 11:13:31 pm »
I have an omnitrolley but i does not get used much as i find it a lot quicker on most jobs just pulling the hose out from my van system.

The trolley gets used on jobs with loads of crap in the way or is to far for my hose to reach which is 100mtrs.

mark dew

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2009, 12:00:39 am »
I seem to take an age using my trolley :( Hopefully i will speed up over time, i had another wc laughing his head off at me today while i was p*ssing about getting it all out of the van he had cleaned one and on the next with his ladders etc. I drove home thinking back on the ladders for me if i cant speed up :'(

How are you set up and how do you work?

The best set up in my opinion is to have 1 trolley with barrel, 1 van water tank with a submersible pump and with some hose as well it can be a van mount as well.

I got very quick with the trolley and i reckon i was quicker on most properties (that needed 25 litres of water or less) than with my van mount.
Start furthest away from the van in case i'd run out of water. Refill the barrel using sub pump while i'm writing out invoice. Pack away and drive away. Very quick.

I had a raised hip for a over year from the bad lifting techniques. So i now use my van mount when i can.  :)

GTR Windows

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2009, 04:20:32 pm »
if i was doing it trad?....maybe get 40 done in the day, as its the windows with the very small hopper windows which needs scrimmed....but with the wfp i can get round it much quicker............if anyone is in the glasgow area they are more than welcome to come and see my technique ;)

id like to take you up on that offer scrim man  ;D

still awaiting my licence as glasgow council are taking the p*ss, been away 6 weeks now, called them today and got told "thats us just processing it, it should be a couple of weeks" >:(

dan hughes

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2009, 08:30:11 pm »
I got a van system 175 ltr, soft water area. 2 x DI vessels, with hose.

I started with just a backpack on a trolley but felt that it wasn't throwing enough water out!

I'd have it on setting 3 / sometimes 4 and just didn't get on with it.

I now have 100psi , with eco-flow at about 5oclock setting.

STILL have problems with getting corners clean on really salty /dirty windows (coastal area) they look clean but when you get up close the corners are still dirty! You can wipe the dirt away with your finger / cloth.

I do rinse rinse and proper scrub, x 2 then rinse some more, but some are still dirty!

I fill up at customers houses too. sometimes I fill the whole bottom of the car , when I forget. but then I just park on steep hills!