Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

More than one van?
« on: April 04, 2009, 07:00:04 am »
Just a thought and not a particularly educated one but: you guys who run more than one van - can you tell me how much in percentage terms your income has improved per van?
For example as a sole trader you might be on £50,000 pa. (just a figure) then you get too much work so employ and provide a second van so now you have double the running costs and a wage to pay plus holidays etc.
So now your turnover should be £100,000 minus all the above costs. What realistically would you expect to pocket yourself from that - £50%? less? More?
I'm no where near this position and it's not for me, but i'm interested to know if it's worth it.

Re: More than one van?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 07:08:11 am »
Just to add to this if i may....
As a sole trader when you reach a limit and decide to employ and get a second van etc etc do you actually take a drop in turnover/profit.
I fail to see how you can say reach £50,000 (as an example quoted) and then immediatley double up to £100,000 in order to employ someone.Surely this would be done over a period of time,like the original round build unless you have some major contracts on commercial come through...but what about domestic guys employing?

Dan :)