Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

My leaflet that has worked well for me
« on: April 03, 2009, 08:42:55 pm »
Have been asked to put this on here as its working really well for me.

Its A6 in Black & White only. Cost was 3000 of them for £30 (or 1p each)

Next time i will do bullet points for the services I do as I think that would look better.

If you are targeting your local area, I would put down your home number / a UK landline number. If your targeting outside of your area code you could still use your landline or I use a 0800 number for them. I also use an 0800 number for business information too. If anyone wants a freephone send me an email. They cost just £1 a week + calls

Here it is .... Feedback welcomed

JP

Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Window Washers

Re: My leaflet that has worked well for me
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 09:33:04 pm »
Freephone costs £99 one off then free, and 500 free calls a month mobile or landline  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 11:40:07 pm »
Freephone costs £99 one off then free, and 500 free calls a month mobile or landline ;)

???

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 12:33:53 am »
Freephone costs £99 one off then free, and 500 free calls a month mobile or landline ;)

???
to get a freephone number sorry, I thought what I put what get the point.

I paid £99 for an 0800 number, i get free calls to it ( I dont pay if they call from mobile or landline) there are no other charges for it
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

lee_dewing

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 01:01:44 am »
windowwashers,

who's that deal with sounds good ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

lee_dewing

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 01:04:20 am »
oh yeh i only use mobile for business, wouls this work for freephone?

lee_dewing

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 01:10:38 am »
jp,
leaflets good.
simple to the point!
i've design full colour leaflets postcard size a6 lots of info on others explaning wfp, been bit of a flop.

how do you find it when u get a response, i take it u wfp, do you go through explanation over the phone or when quoting etc?
i'm still amazed at the publics reaction when walking by me cleaning with pole system, i have freeedom trolley.
wfp is not that uncommon where i am essex
thanks lee

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 09:13:26 am »
If they dont ask me I dont tell them about wfp

When Im knocking I give a qoute there and then and ask to see the back. Alot of times if there is a conservatory they say you wont be able to do that. Thats when I explain. I have found people are happy for me to wfp when I can do windows they have never had cleaned before.

I have put out about 1000 leaflets so far and had about 35 phone calls with only 4 saying no or they will think about it.

As I knock / deliver the leaflets I keep an eye on the houses and what kind of pricing they are. When i get a phone call I can in most cases give a price over the phone. Here is what I ask ....

1) Address
2) Size of house (2 bed terrace, 3bed semi etc)
3) Do they have an extension or conservatory

If they dont have a conservatory or extension I give them a price over the phone. Other wise I pop round and take a look.

The other day i knocked on one house, quoted, got it. went next door, quoted, got it, went to the next house, quoted , got it. You cant get that from just dropping a leaflet. So if you find a bit of time, just knock some doors. On thursday I did 5 hours knocking / dropping leaflets to those not in. I got 7 customers from knocking, came home, my wife got me 2 customers, I had 6 messages on the phone which I rang back and converted 5 into customers and I have to go and see the other one today to quote.

I use google maps for the areas I want to knock / drop leaflets and mark what streets I have done. I have had a huge responce from new estates with 3 storey houses. 200 house estates they are and best knocked after 6pm.

Hope my rambling helps someone

JP

groundhog

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 06:17:15 pm »
My leaflets are better than that!!!!  ;D

lee_dewing

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 10:08:24 pm »
well done jp,
you sound very organized.
i have about 200 odd customers, this was mainly built up leafletting.(been on my own  for 3 years)
I worked for a w/c for 2 years prior to this so built up slowly on side.
this week had good spell picked up 6 new custys £79 new work.
probably due to lose a few ;D, moving,dying.

Scrimble

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 12:33:48 pm »
is it just me who thinks that leaflet is quite poor?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 12:53:12 pm »
I think it's good for the market it's aimed at.

You can be too "up yourself" with wrap around this and shiny that. It seems to work, which is more to the point!
It's a game of three halves!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 02:10:07 pm »
I can understand why you think its poor. At first I wasnt keen on it at all compared to the previous colour ones I had done. But I had to scale down cost wise and this was my option. I have people ring me on a daily basis from leaflets I have delivered up to a week ago and had family pass leaflets onto family where I have not delivered/knocked yet.

My wifes friend husband said my leaflets were really good and he would ring. He based this on that they were proffesionally printed but basic at the same time. He has had leaflets that he said look the dogs, full colour. He wouldnt ring them because the way he sees it you end up paying for the leaflets as a customer

groundhog

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 02:13:12 pm »
is it just me who thinks that leaflet is quite poor?

I've seen better!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

cozy

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 02:53:01 pm »
I thought it was abit basic when I first saw it, but who am I to judge? If it works mate (and it seems to be working well) then why change it?

Just shows me that I'm not as clever as my mum thinks ::)

Crack on JP, you can cry all the way to the bank

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 07:37:08 pm »
The leaflet is fine.  Concise, to the point with all necessary information on it.  And it works.  What more could you ask?..........................

Well................

I had a chap leafletting the same area as me.  His leaflet was like this one, simple and to the point.  My leaflet is a bit more sophisticated - printed on gloss card in full colour with a photo of me on it.

I got 17 jobs from the area, he got 4.

If an area is under served by window cleaners, then a basic leaflet will bring fantastic results.  If there is competition, then the professional leaflet will work better.

mileslake

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 08:19:42 pm »
I have loads of numbers including a free phone. Hardly anyone rings it,  they ring landline or mobile. If u really want one try www.ttnc.co.uk , it is cheap.