Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

BRETT

wiping with cloth?
« on: March 09, 2009, 05:29:49 pm »
how many of you wipe sills with a cloth  on the downstairs after wfp.have been doing this since i went wfp but am begining to think its adding uneccessery time to the job?does any one else wipe sills?

dave0123

Re: wiping with cloth?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 05:44:20 pm »
no i dont wipe them just give them a brush over with the pole!
Dave.

pingu

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 06:22:13 pm »
I carry a small sponge in my pocket to wipe away things like stubbon fly poo and the like...when doen just squeeze the sponge and back in the pocket it goes.

Dave.

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 08:06:07 pm »
i do ..it only takes a second
You can't polish a turd

ants

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 08:18:28 pm »
I do I think its time well spent.

Mr Sparkle

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 09:07:15 pm »
I do it makes it more presentable.
Had a £5 tip today for it  ;)

Slash

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 08:18:49 am »
With trad yes,but WFP..........WTF!,...........just brush it once or twice,wiping the sill with a cloth after WFP defeats the use of it,if your going to wipe the sills with a cloth after WFP you might as well do the windows trad ;D

Helen

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 02:00:38 pm »
how many of you wipe sills with a cloth  on the downstairs after wfp.have been doing this since i went wfp but am begining to think its adding uneccessery time to the job?does any one else wipe sills?

Depends how bad they are before we start. Plus don't want all those grimy bits littering up the brush for the next job  :)

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 04:42:21 pm »
With trad yes,but WFP..........WTF!,...........just brush it once or twice,wiping the sill with a cloth after WFP defeats the use of it,if your going to wipe the sills with a cloth after WFP you might as well do the windows trad ;D

You still get bits of dirt "seep"out from the recess just above the window sill tho
You can't polish a turd

mark dew

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 04:57:47 pm »
Sometimes i dry cills with a cloth. But only on new work when debris keeps coming out from that recess, no matter how much time i spend brushing and flushing. Otherwise i don't see the point.
I have been told by a couple of customers before, that their brother/sister/pet dog's window cleaner wipes the cills. Why don't i?
I tell them i don't because the cills will get wet anyway until the window has dried. They seem to have accepted this. For now. 

NWH

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 05:25:05 pm »
I don`t wipe sills what a time waster that is,i tell the customer that for the first 4-5 cleans bits might run out from the gaps in the sills and after that it will stop.Once they`ve all been removed from previous cleans you`ll find clothing sills is not needed.

dave0123

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 05:46:28 pm »
As i said above i dont do them!

i dont see the point its not like soap where it can dry black or marky its just water same when it rains  ???

Sometimes i will give them a little wipe on first cleans were theres lost of moss etc on them
Dave.