Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wrekin C S

Inside con roof clean.
« on: March 09, 2009, 12:42:57 am »
Got a couple of inside con roof cleans - how do you do it safest way etc?

chrismroberts

Re: Inside con roof clean.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 06:29:14 am »
How high are they? It may not be high tech, but I just use an applicator and squeegee on a pole, did one the other week that was quite marked by cigaratte smoke, used a porcupine applicator sleeve and a bit of elbow grease and it came up really nice :)

rednick

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 09:14:33 am »
i've done quite a lot of these lately,make sure the owner removes all furniture before you clean,makes the job 10x easier.

EZclean

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:58:46 am »
yes and get them to sheet the floor, and furniture and tv's.
when i do them i just use a normal pole with aplicator and blade it, keep the aplicator as dry as you can get away with, i was surprised how black the water was, and it will drip on you! the customers have all been non smokers. i dont step foot in smokers houses.
then just put your scrim/microfibre on the end of your pole and wipe round.

WARNING: IT IS VERY TIME CONSUMING, MAKE SURE YOU PRICE IT WELL

the next time i do one i'm going to use a Wagtail, it will make the corners and the angles easier.

also if the roof is slightly frosted/corrugated like some are you can get away with straight pulls and not worrying too much about the lines, but however if its clear glass like the windows your gonna have to do a mint job, cos for the next few days thats all they'll be looking at.
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

Wrekin C S

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 07:06:13 pm »
Some good replys cheers for that - and yes they are smokers!!! Looks a bit yellow to me  :(

Thinks its going to have to be pole with blade job... Thought about getting some steps and doing it by hand but the conservatory is like aladins cave, how much should I charge then?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 09:20:00 pm »
yes and get them to sheet the floor, and furniture and tv's.
when i do them i just use a normal pole with aplicator and blade it, keep the aplicator as dry as you can get away with, i was surprised how black the water was, and it will drip on you! the customers have all been non smokers. i dont step foot in smokers houses.
then just put your scrim/microfibre on the end of your pole and wipe round.

WARNING: IT IS VERY TIME CONSUMING, MAKE SURE YOU PRICE IT WELL

the next time i do one i'm going to use a Wagtail, it will make the corners and the angles easier.

also if the roof is slightly frosted/corrugated like some are you can get away with straight pulls and not worrying too much about the lines, but however if its clear glass like the windows your gonna have to do a mint job, cos for the next few days thats all they'll be looking at.

I used my wagtail recently on a internal roof were I had previously used a mop n blade and it was so much better almost no drips as the mop part caught the all the drips, easier to do a swirl too even upside down