Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: IONIC - TRICK UP THERE SLEEVE?
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 09:41:56 pm »
There is still room for new trad products.

When doing insides that mucky water that drips off the end of a squeege stains carpets and sills, find a way of collecting it cleanly off the bottom of a squeege as it's drawn across and you'll have a winner.

There is a way, just hold your applicator under it!
I'm just not very good at it. I also do straight pulls(sorry i know you all look up to me as a sort of leader), but this is a massive market. I dread people asking me because i haven't got my machine.. advantages inside, but they always do. If i could just get faster i would be minted- well more minted-. I got a wagtail but i haven't been able to figure out how to use that either.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 09:51:55 pm »
I still want to check this one out! looks nice!

You traitor - how dare you!!  ;D

hhahaa, keeping you on your toes!!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

windowswashed

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 02:36:42 am »
SLX move over..........http://www.ionicsystems.com/english/news.html

The GLYDER pole:
Weighing just 2.61Kg and made using only 5ft sections, this new pole will appeal to the window cleaner who does a lot of work under 30ft. Perfect for those who need a pole light and narrow enough (35mm) to comfortably use all day.

I think the SL-X is still safe as it's 5ft longer and weighs 0.8kg less.  :)

Ionics domestic poles are no comparison to the 30ft SL-X by gardinerpole systems. I know which poles I'll stick with. No competition. Ionics have a lousy after sales customer care. I'm still waiting for something from them from at least 4months ago. I think their after sales service sucks.

Dave Turley

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 08:33:20 am »
that may be, but at least they'll probably have some stock!

alex, can I take this opportunity to ask why you don't take pre-orders? (if I wanted another sl-x i'd be willing to pre-pay to secure one)

once one batch was pre-sold you'd  already have the dosh to place an order for the next barch.

I dread to think how many people are going elsewhere due to unavailability!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 09:05:17 am »

alex, can I take this opportunity to ask why you don't take pre-orders? (if I wanted another sl-x i'd be willing to pre-pay to secure one)

once one batch was pre-sold you'd  already have the dosh to place an order for the next barch.

Seconded ...
It's a game of three halves!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 09:14:57 am »

It's not a question of dosh (I wish it was that simple).

The problem with this product is that there should have been a seamless supply of the first SL-X which we sold throughout the Spring and Summer of 2008. We had to switch manufacturers and this created a delay and a group of clients and overseas distributors who were then waiting for the product ahead of release.

This then gives us the next situation with ordering items like this is that generally you have to place an order to book a production slot about 2 months ahead of time. Once you have booked a production slot you cannot increase it, but have to book a separate order for another production slot which naturally will be behind the first one. The trouble with this is that if your demand suddenly goes up you still have to patiently wait for the next batch to roll off the production line. Couple this with the fact that these poles are enormously complicated to hand assemble and finish, leads to the situation where it has taken about 4 weeks to deal with the back log.

They will be going back on general sale again in about 3-4 weeks time.

The trouble with taking pre-orders is that it puts even more pressure on us to deliver what is to some degree out of our control. We have also found that getting hold of clients who have pre-ordered takes so long that it ties up valuable staff resources that should be answering the phone/packing orders etc.

Ideally no one would have known about the product until we had several hundred un-reserved poles on the shelf waiting for clients. Because this was a follow on product this was not possible. We do have several more new products in the production line which we are keeping very quite about until we have full stock levels in the warehouse.

We are getting there though thanks to the patience of our customers!! :)

Pj

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 09:20:34 am »

Seconded ...

Try not to worry about it! ;D

I should think it's a fine line for Gardiners to tread, being suppliers of expensive stock, if you don't read the market right you could end up with £thousands & £thousands in dead stock, this market is changing fast and clients are very fickle.  Better to let demand outstrip supply and lose a few sales.

Alternatively be a big time supplier and have inflated prices, poor customer care & impersonal after sales service.  
Everyone praises Gardiners for their fair prices good after care and  Alex makes himself very accessible.

You can't please all the people all the time.

Anyway, I buy from both! ;D

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 09:21:31 am »

When doing insides that mucky water that drips off the end of a squeege stains carpets and sills, find a way of collecting it cleanly off the bottom of a squeege as it's drawn across and you'll have a winner.

Glue a bucket onto the end of your squeegee :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 09:27:22 am »
We have lost sales. We've actually out-lined the other poles available (X-Tel, Facelift, Brodex) for clients who have rung wanting an SL-X.  At the end of the day, it's only a pole - not a kidney!

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 09:37:40 am »
Im sure theres a joke there somewhere :0)

Dave Turley

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 10:22:39 am »
We have lost sales. We've actually out-lined the other poles available (X-Tel, Facelift, Brodex) for clients who have rung wanting an SL-X.  At the end of the day, it's only a pole - not a kidney!

alex! why would you say that?

I could live without one of my kidneys!  lmao   :D

rhys11

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2009, 10:18:26 pm »
its a different colour change resin container

now it changes to YELLOW when depleted, easier for the users to spot when its time to change it

YEllOW god i cant waite
rhys

jouk45

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 10:49:16 pm »

its here already the karcher wv 50 google it

williamx

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 10:52:12 pm »
SLX move over..........http://www.ionicsystems.com/english/news.html

The GLYDER pole:
Weighing just 2.61Kg and made using only 5ft sections, this new pole will appeal to the window cleaner who does a lot of work under 30ft. Perfect for those who need a pole light and narrow enough (35mm) to comfortably use all day.

I think the SL-X is still safe as it's 5ft longer and weighs 0.8kg less.  :)

So if you use the SLX you only need 1 weetabix for breakfast while the GLYDER means you need to have 2 ;D