Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ryan Smyth

Bally carpet
« on: March 09, 2009, 09:28:04 pm »
Just had a call from a woman looking to know is there anything you can do with a "bally" (ball ee) carpet
i havnt seen it,but according to her its 2yo and an 80/20 ??? ??? ??? its a load of balls ;D

Ryan

Ken Wainwright

Re: Bally carpet
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:54:49 pm »
Sound like pilling.  If it is and  it's all over you might need to use a Flymo ;) Otherwise it could be hands and knees with napping shears/scissors.

Afterwards, if madam "does what she's always done, she'll get what she's always got" ie the carpet will pill again. Maybe she isn't vaccing correctly or often enough?

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Jim_77

Re: Bally carpet
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 10:41:34 pm »
Did she say if it's all over or just in traffic lanes?

I'd take a guess it'd be most prevalent in front of the sofa etc, and then in the traffic lane from doorway to furniture.

I'd call this "bobbling" :)

My logic tells me it's more likely to be cause by "circular" forces rather than the "straight" movement impacted by a vacuum cleaner.  It's normally where people scrub their feet around on the floor when they're sitting, or where a change in direction occurs in a traffic lane.

Have a quick go with her vacuum cleaner, I bet it isn't an upright, or if it is it'll be a poop one where the brush does nothing ;)