Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

blocking phonecalls
« on: November 18, 2009, 04:45:52 pm »
How do you do it? Just had three automated calls in ten minutes. Happens every night without fail.  >:(

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Re: blocking phonecalls
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 04:49:37 pm »
Same here mate.
you can register with the Telephone Preference Service.
the only snag is the TPS and BT cannot block phone calls from overseas.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Richard Holt

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 04:54:12 pm »
We are pestered by these at the moment, so it's good to hear its not just us!

I just pretend it's for the missus and pass it over to her, winds her up a treat ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 04:59:57 pm »
Same here mate.
you can register with the Telephone Preference Service.
the only snag is the TPS and BT cannot block phone calls from overseas.

Matt
Nor from Capital one bank for the last twat that had my number >:(

I'm on the telephone preference service cuts it down a lot, I knwo get sales calls on my mobile instead, but they are always asked if they have a window cleaner and given my website address  ::)

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 05:01:19 pm »
I like it Ian
 ;D ;D
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 08:34:10 pm »
It annoys me when they ring 10 numbers and the first one who picks up gets the call and the rest of us, who have dropped what we are doing to answer the phone thinking it's friend, family or a customer and don't get there on time, are inconvenienced. Dial 1471 and you find its an withheld number.

When you pick the phone up there's a couple of second gap of nothing while they put a name to the answerer.  I normally just hang up before they say Hello. Or you could just say nothing and listen;
Or when they ask if they can speak to Mr ----- -------- then just say I call him, hang on a sec, he is at the bottom of the garden. Just put the phone down before they can continue the conversation by asking when its convenient to ring back again and just let them hang on.....
Today we got a call from an Energy Supplier, and I told the lady that we weren't at home to take their call. Caused a bit of confusion as that wasn't in their handling objections script.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 09:14:24 pm »
had a custy phone me the other day and she left a message
i tried to ring her back and just got a message saying that the person you have called  does not recive unknown numbers and it hung up on me
so i had to show her my number from my mobile just to get through
thinking of getting the same service
will stop all those unwanted sale calls

Rogue Trader

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 09:17:48 pm »
Funny all this really , i am the purveyor of unwanted sales calls , all of mine are window cleaning sales calls , I have just bought my canvasser a telephone headset to keep her occupied on the dark nights LOL :D

wizard

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 09:36:33 pm »
I find that sales people are trained to expect certain types of answers so the minute that start there pitch I start my window cleaning sales pitch and it just stops them in the trax. They don’t know what is going on.I think if I must be on the phone then I mite as well try to earn a living.

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 12:09:28 am »
i tried to ring her back and just got a message saying that the person you have called  does not recive unknown numbers and it hung up on me

If that happenbs again and you prefer not to use your mobile, just prefix the number you wish to ring with 141.  It unblocks your number on a call by call basis.

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 12:20:08 am »
Funny all this really , i am the purveyor of unwanted sales calls , all of mine are window cleaning sales calls , I have just bought my canvasser a telephone headset to keep her occupied on the dark nights LOL :D

Where's mine then LOL?

Ta-ra

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 06:43:21 am »

I've got this on my phone - about £3.50 a month I think - stops any withheld numbers from connecting to you, but won't include international calls I'm afraid.

Then again, I have caller display, and I never answer the phone when it says international unless I know someone is abroad and might ring me.

If some one does get under the wire, do as above and say you will get whoever they want, and put the phone down for half an hour.

I'm getting rung at least twice a day from 0808 1680 420, but now I know who they are, they are going to have a very VERY long wait trying to get through to me!

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 07:53:31 am »

Unfortunately, it will also stop many calls that go through a switchboard - you know - those ones where commercial companies want a quotation.

mark dew

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 09:23:51 am »