Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

How to get a job booked
« on: February 17, 2009, 03:15:41 pm »
I got a call yesterday from a referal - only thing was it was for a computer repair (until couple years ago I also had a work from home computer business - gave it up - brain wouldnt keep up with all the latest stuff). But this was an old lady so I listened to her. 5 year old computer and she was paying £60 per year to a company for insurance. They been to it 3 times, stuck a new motherboard in, still not working right, yesterday someone went to fix it but "didnt have the part". ::)   Shes annoyed, phones up the firm and gives em what for, cancels the insurance..... then rings me.
Eventually I said "I dont do computers any more.... but I know a man that does (a friend), gave her the number.
I said I now concentrate fully on carpet cleaning. ;)
O do you, its about 10 years since mine were done, you will have to come and give me a quote.
I was there in about 25 minutes. Went thro the dining room/lounge, the hall, main bedroom, and got to the 2nd bedroom and there was "the" computer.
Within 2 minutes I was sat at the computer and her telling me what was not happening.
Upshot was - I got the thing working fully to her satisfaction with out any new part and loaded Google Chrome for her. 8)
I said to her - now phone the repair company back and just say to them "how come the man who came to give me a carpet clean quote can fix my computer in 10 minutes when your fully trained engineer cannot".
She had a good laugh. ;D ;D

Oh by the way - I go back Friday afternoon to do all her carpets!  :D

Aquakleen Restoration Services

Re: How to get a job booked
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:37:51 pm »
Excellent work Joe!! Your a real gentlaman!

clinton

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 03:49:03 pm »
Joe ;D

Good one mate just shows you there are lots of carpets waiting to be cleaned out there :)

clinton

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 04:11:23 pm »
Joe

Completley of topic but how much does the prowler weight ???

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:20:30 pm »
I think about 400 lbs but maybe JK or someone would like to confirm that.

Too hevy for one man to lift in/out of a vab - unless its Deperate Dan or Popeye  :D

I find the Cimex C48 amore then a bit of a handful )due to shape together with weight) so I bought a pair of wheelchair ramps which will carry 600lbs so thats a possibility.

Wheelchair ramps may come in handy one day  :(   hopefully not too soon.

clinton

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 05:17:21 pm »
Thanks joe

Yes guess its 170 k or there abouts i guess :)

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 05:53:45 pm »
So Joe can you clean computers? And do you repair carpets? ;D
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way