Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KINGAKNAA

pipe insulation RO
« on: February 11, 2009, 05:06:36 pm »
Hope someone can help?

I'm having to set up my water production in the garden shed and will be running my 1/4 tubing from an outside tap into the shed, can anyone suggest any insulation to put around this, dont fancy it freezing up!!!!  :o

Thanks in advance.

Mark
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

DaveG

Re: pipe insulation RO
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 05:21:56 pm »
Have a word with your local plumbers merchant mate im pretty sure you can get insulation for microbore copper pipe.

Failing that get some 15mm plastic or copper pipe and slide the ro pipes inside, then put 15mm foam insulation around it.
You can't polish a turd

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 05:50:53 pm »

Failing that get some 15mm plastic or copper pipe and slide the ro pipes inside, then put 15mm foam insulation around it.

That's your answer :)

I've got ordinary garden hose from my tap to my shed (about 5m) it's covered with 2" split foam rubber insulation which is then wrapped in silver duct tape.  I've had no problems whatsoever with freezing up.

All you need do is feed the 1/4 inch pipe inside a length of insulated garden hose.

KINGAKNAA

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 06:25:49 pm »
Thanks lads, good answer, never thought of that????  ???

Thanks again
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

geefree

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 06:28:12 pm »
mines the same....

but never covered it once, and its never froze... takes some freezing , running water..