Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wizclean

college's
« on: February 11, 2009, 05:47:57 pm »
quoted for a college in my area recently, one of my custy's sister is the head house keeper massive place with all different types of windows ( leds, sash etc )
10 seperate buildings on the grounds a 6 elswhere. alot of it is student accomadation so inside would be arkward. i thought i priced it competitive but they phoned to say i was twice the price. cant believe anyone can clean the windows properly for the money they want to pay.
she said they were unhappy with the last lot . did a crap job. lol
and i'm not surprised you would get more working at macdonalds for a couple of weeks

chrisyg

Re: college's
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 06:00:21 pm »
quoted for a college in my area recently, one of my custy's sister is the head house keeper massive place with all different types of windows ( leds, sash etc )
10 seperate buildings on the grounds a 6 elswhere. alot of it is student accomadation so inside would be arkward. i thought i priced it competitive but they phoned to say i was twice the price. cant believe anyone can clean the windows properly for the money they want to pay.
she said they were unhappy with the last lot . did a crap job. lol
and i'm not surprised you would get more working at macdonalds for a couple of weeks

well you never know, they may still coma back for you if the new lot as are as rubbish as the last lot..

you should have included a guarantee and said you be better than their last window cleaners, and if there are any issues you would go back for free to re-do anything..

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 06:01:20 pm »
Back in my youth I worked for a firm that only did schools and colleges.  The only criteria the customers were intested in were cost and frequency.

We used to walk round the buildings and pick out which windows we were going to clean, then spread some ladders around and all split up and start on different parts of the job to confuse the schoolkeeper.

Everybody involved in school window cleaning knew the score - there was only so much money available and that was what they paid.  The fact that they got a very poor job just had to be accepted.

wizclean

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 06:13:21 pm »
thats ok but i cant do a job im not satisfied with, i take pride in my work even if its only window cleaning. as they say if a jobs worth doin do it properly.
and its false economy to pay for a crap job ,

geefree

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 06:24:46 pm »
let them have it....if they want it

and  macdonalds money.

pay peanuts, get monkeys.

theres another old phrase,

send them a letter, emphasising how professional you are, that you are sorry you could not be of service this time,... that your standards are high, everything would have been double checked....bla bla bla....

and to ring you again ....when the monkeys have eaten the peanuts

and cant afford to work at them prices.