Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

supernova77

Gardiners delivery hose
« on: February 11, 2009, 05:44:48 pm »
Hi All,

I'm thinking of ordering some delivery hose from Gardiner Pole Systems... Does it come with a hozelock type connector?

Thanks,
Andy

Alex Gardiner

Re: Gardiners delivery hose
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 05:47:55 pm »
No, it jubilee clips onto a barbed outlet on the submersible pumps and then jubilee clips onto a barbed connector on the large shut off valve (if you want an end valve).

supernova77

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 05:49:00 pm »
Thanks Alex... Is it possible to connect it to a hozelock adaptor?

Andy

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 05:51:41 pm »
The only way of using a hozelock connector would be to buy an in-line bore adapter (from an aquarium supplier) that would take it down to 1/2" hose, attach a short length of 1/2" hose and then fit a hozelock.  There are commercial large bore versions of hozelock connectors but they are not cheap (about £14 for a male and female).

supernova77

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 05:54:13 pm »
Do you know where I could get a commercial large bore hozelock connector from?

It's just that with my current setup I use a submersible pump which has a male hozelock connection and I just connect the hose to it as and when I need to use it.

Andy

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 05:54:38 pm »
Thanks Alex... Is it possible to connect it to a hozelock adaptor?

Andy

No point in reducing the size down, that will just restrict the flow and put unnecessary load on the pump.

Use the pipe Alex supplies and just take the filler cap off the tank and poke the pipe in.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 06:23:30 pm »
Do you know where I could get a commercial large bore hozelock connector from?

It's just that with my current setup I use a submersible pump which has a male hozelock connection and I just connect the hose to it as and when I need to use it.

Andy

You would need to fit a small length of the delivery hose to the Submersible pump, then you could fit 1 1/4" barb male to it and then a barb female to the other length of hose.

If you need these then send me an email confirming this and I can order them in for you.