Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john tomkins

Re: where have people gone?
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 07:57:28 pm »
What has happened to shiner, discount and from today jaykie?
Have i missed something? They are no longer registered.

Well there are other reasons. To be addicted to the forum is a huge waste ot time, and to have hardly anyone take your brilliant advice gaulling. Mostly for me the problem was my big mouth, i handed out info and wished i hadn't.

I have to admitt that with the credit crunch i am running a bit scared and resent the newbies, and resent the info, the earnings pointers, and all the other stuff that lowers our barriers to entry- as if we didn't already have just about the lowest of any business.Long term this bad weather may be doing us all a huge  deterrent favour.

As for the idiots, the pointless arguments, and the negative posts, i now favour them.Anything that puts people off works for me.

Welcome back ;D

ftp

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 07:59:14 pm »
Evening Discount, why have you evolved again?

telboy

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 08:31:38 pm »
If this is not a proper forum why stay ???

You should go on Cleaning Pro's they are all up themselves on there

Telboy, thats a pretty unfair comment, From what i can recall you usually come on there to stir things up and leave. Now if thats what you join a forum to do i think it best you stay here.
A lot of the so called up themselves posters come on here too, advice is advice at the end of the day, if you haven't got something constructive to say don't say it.
Dennis

And this is very constructive you muppet

Oh i see, name calling etc is acceptable behaviour, i get the picture.
I come on here to give and receive advise on matters i either know or don't know about, i do not resort to calling people muppets. If you have issues with people off other forums please do not brand all people from that forum as being " Up themselves" I am no better/ no worse than another person, you don't know me, i don't know you.
I have nothing more to say on the matter !!

Regards
Dennis

Good ;D

mark dew

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 08:46:05 pm »
What has happened to shiner, discount and from today jaykie?
Have i missed something? They are no longer registered.

Well there are other reasons. To be addicted to the forum is a huge waste ot time, and to have hardly anyone take your brilliant advice gaulling. Mostly for me the problem was my big mouth, i handed out info and wished i hadn't.

I have to admitt that with the credit crunch i am running a bit scared and resent the newbies, and resent the info, the earnings pointers, and all the other stuff that lowers our barriers to entry- as if we didn't already have just about the lowest of any business.Long term this bad weather may be doing us all a huge  deterrent favour.

As for the idiots, the pointless arguments, and the negative posts, i now favour them.Anything that puts people off works for me.

is that you clive  ?? ?

;D

Who else can it be. ;D 
Good man, discount.

I thought there had been a thread that got all tetchy and i had missed it.
Shiner is a suprise though.

rhys11

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 09:00:55 pm »
I agree with chrisyg, I am such a bad moderator , i scare them all off

Naughty me

lol ;D
rhys

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 09:09:02 pm »
uk cleaning forum
I agree with chrisyg, I am such a bad moderator , i scare them all off

Naughty me
wot about scsf forum theres some cool games on there  ;D
where theres muck theres money

mikethechamois

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 11:00:03 pm »
when a forum gets over moderated it loses its appeal and just dies as everyone loves to get involved in pointless arguments and prat about

we have to be professional at work we want a giggle outside work

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 07:55:56 am »
Well I havent changed i'm still me & i'm still here most days

Art

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 04:20:46 pm »
So why are they deleting there accounts or is there a zero tolerence policy and people are being banned?

I read a few posts about advertising and the need to pay for it. Which i can understand, but if there's no info about the fact that you have to pay and how much it is, then members are going to do it if they've not been told otherwise. Maybe Mike should have a rethink and publish prices ?

I wasn't on here for ages and i noticed when i came back a few people had disappeared or weren't posting as much.

A few years ago when i first joined it was really busy on here. It just seems to be getting quieter and quieter

bluez

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 04:37:59 pm »
I dont think it has much to do with the moderators, they seem to get it right most of the time. I do agree that there is a need to police advertising on a busy forum otherwise every second thread would have someone popping up saying "best window cleaning van available from...." etc and that would really spoil the discussions.

Like all conversations we should pick the ones that interest us and ignore the ones that don't and dont be forcing your opinions on people and the forum will be just fine.

Instead of deleting your accounts maybe a week off here and there would calm a few people down, this site does seem to get a bit more agro than the others don't know why that is except that many on here can come across different on other forums. 
hi

mark dew

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2009, 09:00:36 pm »
Pros is a good site.
It is like going to the library to read up on info rather than getting it from the playground.
They are all on here anyway. Just that not everyone on here is on there. Which is quite a good thing really.