Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr Sparkle

Frames and sills
« on: February 07, 2009, 10:58:31 am »
Since i started around 6 months ago i've loads of new customers who are more interested in me cleaning there frames and sills rather than the windows. In fact they comment saying the frames look like new mr sparkle but they don't give a t*ss about the windows.
Do any of you guys get this as i'm a window cleaner not a frame cleaner

Slash

Re: Frames and sills
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 11:04:12 am »
I clean the whole unit,whats the point in half doing a job,your a glass cleaner and not a window cleaner,the window is the whole unit,cleaning the glass and not the window frames and sills is only half doing the job,take some pride in your work,cleaning the frames too brings the window out in a house,by only cleaning the glass looks no different imo,by just cleaning the glass is what cowboys do.

mikethechamois

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:15:09 am »
well said slash

were window cleaners not glass cleaners

when you quote tell them your price inc frame and cills hence you charge more

if they say they only want the glass done tell them your a professional wc and dont do half a job, leave them your number..............most will get back to you after they have had a little think

and the ones that dont.....................what have you lost..........nothing

your reputations intact and you dont need the aggro of whingers and poor payers which people who wont pay a few quid extra for a good job well done invariably are

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 12:08:12 pm »
I clean the whole unit,whats the point in half doing a job,your a glass cleaner and not a window cleaner,the window is the whole unit,cleaning the glass and not the window frames and sills is only half doing the job,take some pride in your work,cleaning the frames too brings the window out in a house,by only cleaning the glass looks no different imo,by just cleaning the glass is what cowboys do.

I  agree 100 % with Slash

I find it really satisfying when i do a first clean (minging frames) and they come up lovely!
(sad??)
You can't polish a turd

Mr Formby

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 12:10:40 pm »
Its a good selling point that you clean the frames as well .