Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

If you knew that you had scratched glass with your WFP would you admit to it?

Yes
35%
14 (35%)
No
42.5%
17 (42.5%)
Not sure
22.5%
9 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Dean Taberner

Re: WFP Scratched glass
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 08:05:15 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Londoner

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 11:20:28 am »
Soft nylon brushes don't scratch glass - final. Thats why we use them. Don't get into discussions or try to explain too much because you will just dig yourself into a hole.

johnny_h

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 12:31:03 pm »
some of these brushes are designed for cleaning cars so i doubt it would scratch the galss i would go down the line of "  it could of always been there and now the glass is ultra clean its shown up "
AUDI VIDE TACE

mistersqueegee

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 02:16:59 pm »
Dean, I've just done a search and found this link that explains a major reason for new glass scratching.
www.scratched-glass.net

I remeber a few years ago I downloaded this explanation and sent it in the post to a woman that claimed we had scratched one of her windows. Never heard anything more after that.

This is the best site for explaining what is happening here. I'm sure these were preexisting scratches from fabricating debris. Get educated because this trash is getting worse.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 05:41:40 pm »
Dai is right - aluminium (pole end) will scratch glass whereas stainless steel (squeegee channel) tends not to.
It's a game of three halves!

sbernard

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 11:01:16 am »
i had the same problem just a few weeks ago, it turned out my pole had a small stone in the brush head where i put it on the floor(school boy error) :D  after asking around i found some stuff on ebay called jewllers roughe, its like a red resin that you buff onto the scratch and it does work, my customer was left happy and i still retained her as a customer  8)

mikethechamois

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 12:03:02 pm »
honesty is the best policy in these cases

ou dont want some streak of misery badmouthing you and your business and losing you work

Filllllll

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 12:25:46 pm »
I always check brush for grit / sand if brush falls to ground.Has scratched window that way but never again.

mistersqueegee

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 04:48:03 pm »
A better site for explaining scratched glass - stopscratchedglass.com