Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

joe.b

let down by ro-man
« on: January 20, 2009, 02:55:15 pm »
ordered two 20" housings for my ro monday after speaking to someone at ro-man, asked for next day delivery and they said that was fine, haven't received the items and got an email saying they were being packed in their warehouse today, completely crap! tried ringing them today and cant get through no matter what.

on a good note i spoke to matt at equip-direct and he took the time to give me a little advice about different things, so at least theres one good supplier out there

thanks

cybersye

Re: let down by ro-man
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 03:02:24 pm »
ordered two 20" housings for my ro monday after speaking to someone at ro-man, asked for next day delivery and they said that was fine, haven't received the items and got an email saying they were being packed in their warehouse today, completely crap! tried ringing them today and cant get through no matter what.

on a good note i spoke to matt at equip-direct and he took the time to give me a little advice about different things, so at least theres one good supplier out there

thanks
totally agree with you they are rubbish
waited over a week once for a 3 pack of filters on a special offer (next day delivery  ???) and they only sent 2 of them , had to ring and chase them for the 3 rd one.
Gaps Water on the otherhand are excellent.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 03:15:09 pm »
The last bit I ordered of Ro-Man took 6 weeks to arrive!

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 03:38:27 pm »
I ordered an upgrade to my RO unit last week, it arrived 2 days later  ;)

niceandclean

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 05:16:00 pm »
I have always found them good, delivery has always been quick and on time.

LWC

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 07:41:11 pm »

thanks

Was raking my brains then thinking "did i" lol, you spoke to Ian  ;) Glad we could help

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 07:45:09 pm »
Matt are your RO membranes the very same as RO Mans?

joe.b

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 09:36:49 pm »
ah right, sorry just assumed it was yourself, but thank anyway

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 09:58:11 pm »
ro-man as allways and still is good service all the stuff ive ordered was next day great services .
where theres muck theres money

LWC

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 07:17:32 am »
Matt are your RO membranes the very same as RO Mans?

Alright Matt, answer is yes, but best to email me about stuff like this as we all know what happened last time  ;D

karygate

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 07:27:45 am »
when i worked for ups ro-man equipment came through our hub. the way they get chucked about i would think twice about using them.
gary

takinatrip

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 08:22:22 am »
Do you have a shop then Matt?

henryfitz

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 11:31:22 am »
3 months for r o unit,everytime i phoned it was comming in next wednesday and would be shipped on thursday.never did arrive so i cancelled it.And you can never get through on the phone.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 04:54:44 pm »
Do you have a shop then Matt?

He isn't allowed to advertise,.. but since you asked, I believe its ok for me to post the link? (Pls don't ban me if I'm wrong Admin!)

http://www.equip-direct-shop.co.uk/

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 05:07:31 pm »
Didnt realise Matt sold things... :o

Somethings are very competative :)
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 05:08:48 pm »
I have dealt with RO-man since I started WFP and have always found them to be courteous and helpful.  Deliveries have been on time and complaints have been dealt with promptly.

I even e-mailed Neil (can't remember his surname) late one Saturday evening for advice.  I got a reply the same evening ;)

I bought a 40-40 system from them, the motor mounting foot for the booster pump was broken, they sent me another complete motor/pump assembly which arrived the next day, with a prepaid returns label to send the broken one back.

Never had any problems whatsoever.

I know they don't answer the phone, but e-mail response is excellent

doak

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 05:26:19 pm »
must admit nightmare to get hold of on phone
i wanna work
i wanna be a millionare
i wanna clean windows

dd

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 06:04:38 pm »
I got 300gpd system 1 week ago from cleaningspot. Not working well though. Spoke to ro-man (Neil), finally got through on phone. Said it was most likely a couple of the membranes past their shelf-life (for some reason they deteriorate even though in a sealed bag), try reseating them with some silicon grease and if no improvement inform them and they would send me some new ones. Did this and no improvement so e-mailed them.

Have asked for e-mail confirmation of whether they have or will send them and all I get is a deafening silence. Very hard to get through on phone.

Experience so far not positive.