Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Weatherley

Help with quote please
« on: June 21, 2005, 08:03:17 pm »
Today I visited the local hospital after receiving a call from them to quote for carpet cleaning. It is basically a series of corridors totalling approximately 230 square metres. Most of the cleaning would be straight forward with no obstacles to move or get in the way (just the reception area that would be a bit fiddly) and I think I could do it in about 10 hours.
The majority of my work is domestic and although I have a figure in mind I am unsure of it. How much would you quote roughly for this?

Mark Roberts

Re: Help with quote please
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 08:16:41 pm »
What Type of carpet is it, and will you use hwe or Lm. That would affect both the time and price.
350 - 400 depending on situation using 2 people. Add a bit more if your on your own. What level of cleaning do they require?  Are they having other quotes?
Mark

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 08:19:08 pm »
£600 for a basic clean but this is an ideal oppertunity to upsell to apply  a chemical that also kill germs (MRSA being such a hot potato at the moment)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 08:35:03 pm »
MARK

I will probably be doing the cleaning on my own and will use HWE with my portable (the truckmount won't reach ;D). Not sure if they are getting other quotes

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 08:57:27 pm »
i would ask the therapist as he knows legislation. hospitals could be problems.ron
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 09:14:54 pm »
Ron
What sort of problems should I expect?

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 09:18:45 pm »
i would be worried with the general insurance and safety of products, were there is a name there could be a claim, hospitals rarely let indepentants in . beware could something go wrong. could you get the blame. and why should they put out what would normally be contracted i say dont. do.it. but ask the therapist or len
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 09:20:22 pm »
£720.00

Shaun

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 09:23:32 pm »
i would ask for a seperate insurance policy for that particular job in the light of the scares. i think you would find it difficult. health service pays via managers words. do they want a fall guy ???

john rees

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 09:47:58 pm »
Hi steve
            I have been doing work for my local health authority now for about 5 or 6 years with no problems, and if you get half a chance to get in with yours......Do it!!!!!! I only got in with mine because I was working for a building contractor who had messed up a corridor carpet by allowing workmen to walk in wet tar!!!! I was spotted by the estates manager who wanted other work doing! They did after a while ask for trade and financial references but as soon as they had them they put me on the "approved list of suppliers to the trust" and I haven't looked back since(I'ts suprising how many buildings the health authorities have).

hope this helps
                                      John :)

john

Chris Bailey

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 12:39:33 pm »
Hi Steve

I would also go for it, my experience of commercial is that it is more difficult than domestic as it gets more use and the cleaning frequency is longer.  I would want around £600 and allow more than 10hrs!!

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 01:01:43 pm »
£650 - £700 plus vat  ;)
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Mark Roberts

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 04:18:42 pm »
Struggle to see how it can take 10hrs for 230m2?

Did over 300m2 today in 5 hrs. That was vac, agitating and hwe with CFR (and i broke it). Charged over £100 a hour. And was invited back to do more.

230m2 only equates to a room size of 15m x 15m - not very big?

Interesting though.

Mark

therapist

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 01:54:20 pm »
Pretty varied responses Steve.

This could be an excellent opportunity to consider the method of cleaning you might use for this type of work and whether your usual system is ideal.

I resisted bonnet mopping for years, but it's ideal for this type of job.

Very quick and working alone, you would probably complete that area in about 3-4 hours......it's also very quiet

rob m