Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jana08

help with cleaning fabric sofas
« on: January 07, 2009, 01:33:05 pm »
hi all

i usually use the cleaning forum but have been asked to do a quote on a fabric sofa later today.

I was wondering how to get the best results?its a cream sofa but the arms have gone black.

any info would be great.

Ken Wainwright

Re: help with cleaning fabric sofas
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 02:52:00 pm »
Your post suggests, jana08, that you've never done this sort of work before.  If this is the case, my advice would be don't do it. Get some training.

Upholstery cleaning hides more potential problems than carpets. You need an upholstery tool for rinse/extraction as a normal hand tool is totally unsuitable. You need to be able to recognise fabric and construction, fibres, fillings etc. etc. and know their characteristics and problems that arise.  Why do you think there are still a good number of CC's who don't clean upholstery? There's a disaster waiting to happen somewhere.

SAFE and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 03:24:23 pm »
I agree get some training as this could be an accident waiting to happen, but an alternative maybe to sub the work to someone in your area. Your client might appreciate the gesture and you could even watch how it's done. Start a new thread with your location :)

Simon

jana08

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 10:08:12 pm »
thank you for your advice.
were can i get training from?

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 02:48:49 pm »
NCCA www.ncca.co.uk 0116 271 9550
There's a course due this month, so be quick.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!