Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter holley

Re: When the recession bites.
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2008, 09:19:10 pm »
what if it was £10 or£15 pounds would that make a difference. how would you feel..

ok talk this time next year and see were we all stand.....
see how we adapted and changed .. if gets as bad as they say (hope not)

they woudnt be able to...i have a very competitive pricing structure...ive worked as a wc through a recession before ::) have you craig?.....i understand your angle ,and i also know that pride comes before a fall, but until then i wont start worrying about guys trying to undercut me.....by the amount of tips and bottles of wine iv recieved lately i know im appreciated.

when i went canvassing this  afternoon lots of people said "sorry , i have a wc" not one however asked me for a price to see if i was cheaper!
anyway i have a backup plan  ::)

craig b

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2008, 09:22:27 pm »
sainsbury sold quality and tesco sold cheap but they had to change to what the consumer wanted and to compete..

some with ther head screwed on could make really good business in window cleaning.
with right name and logo ther is one on this site who iam impressed by..even more so in this climate

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2008, 09:32:42 pm »
discount is only my  on here name.

I think we all mostly agree but say it in different ways. I love strategy and know you are right. I am going to advertise more and use quality, cost and volume.

Don't worry Craig, if the gaffer caught half of them on here talking big they'd get the sack, especially that gilesey.

NWH

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2008, 10:35:51 pm »
Ian, your post is spot on regarding turnover and earnings. I thought i was earning some brilliant money untill i checked my costs the other day - quite a shock.
I think that`s what Ian meant when he said some don`t charge enough or take these expenses into account.