Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simonwonder

advise
« on: December 29, 2008, 06:48:38 pm »
looking for a good machine have currently got a rug doctor am looking at a grace 5020 soon  are they any good

nevil

Re: advise
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 06:52:40 pm »
I started with a grace. Very good machine. Only slight let down is the solution hose and the hand tool are both poor quality. Although it was a few years ago that I bought mine and things may have changed.

clinton

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:56:47 pm »
Think you were right about the hose was a bit like the numatic hose and tool ::)

Am sure you will get some replies to this post as someone will have one in use at the mo :)

from edge2edge

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 07:33:55 pm »
Simon there is a guy from gloucester selling a grace machine on ebay.It originally sold for £1020 i think but the buyer pulled out because of the negative feedback he read Regards Alan(swindon)

clinton

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 07:46:32 pm »
Just had a look on ebay and dont think it includes whats in the picture as he states its an extra for the hose etc ???

Would have thought he would have included it in for a higher price ::)

simonwonder

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 07:56:26 pm »
thanks guys
knew you  would come up trumps with advise

alan
can we say it is better than the current machine i use

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 08:34:37 pm »
Re the Grace machine on Ebay - if you read the advert carefully it says "machine sold complet with wand, handtool and hose".
So hose included.

from edge2edge

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 09:01:40 pm »
Simon the grace machines are basically good (i have had two) but are let down by things like the flimsy clips,hoses etc.If you could get the one advertised for say £500 it should work out ok as they are pretty presentable and clearly look professional unlike the rugdoctor but much more than the £500 then i would be inclined to try and pick up a prochem as they are more durable in my opinion.Regards Alan(swindon)

robert meldrum

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 09:05:06 pm »
The Grace is a bigger, more powerful model from the makers of the Sabrina, which is an excellent little portable. With the Grace I think you have similar performance to the 135psi Ninja

ps

Alan's correct, but it's easy and inexpensive to change the fittings.

nevil

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 09:20:03 pm »
I agree with Alan. If you have £5- 600 to spend you should be able to pick up a good used machine.
I still have mine and it makes a good back up machine. Very durable, big tanks in fact it's a big machine which I think customers like as in their eyes a big machine is going to be reaching parts that a small machine won't.

Downsides of the grace are the clips that hold the two parts of the machine together are flimsy. Although they never caused me a problem.
The wand the hand toll and the solution hose are not very good, although they will do the job and are a massive step up from a rug doctor.
Also If you run the Craftex inline heater with it plugged into the machine, you will be stretching the maximum power available from one socket. The machine has two 1.3 kw vac motors a water pump and the 1.8 kw heater. I think domestic sockets were only designed to supply 3.5 kw. I put a longer wire with a mains plug on the heater.

simonwonder

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 09:33:28 pm »
thanks again guys
i was hoping that big is beautiful in the clients eyes and thanks alan i realise that it is going to be much more pro  machine than  rug doctor
although
when i got rd i knew nothing about carpet cleaning and it was a new machine and an opportunity for me to learn about clients has done me well over the last four years as it was not my main earner
although as part of a bigger job it earned me £2500 in one very long day about 2 years ago so it owes me nothing

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 10:00:30 pm »
thanks again guys
i was hoping that big is beautiful in the clients eyes and thanks alan i realise that it is going to be much more pro  machine than  rug doctor
although
when i got rd i knew nothing about carpet cleaning and it was a new machine and an opportunity for me to learn about clients has done me well over the last four years as it was not my main earner
although as part of a bigger job it earned me £2500 in one very long day about 2 years ago so it owes me nothing

What do you mean "it owes you nothing"? I'm sure ekps would pay you a fortune for it. ;D
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

simonwonder

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 12:49:00 am »
hi doctor
if ekps wants it he can call me on 07792174438  after the weekend and he can have it for a fee
what i meant was that it has earnt its keep

clinton

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 09:51:28 am »
Joe

Think i must have read it wrong ::)

Joe H

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 10:12:45 am »
Clinton
It was a difficult EBAY advert to read and figure out what was and not included.
Lesson for us all I suppose.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 12:31:43 pm »
hi doctor
if ekps wants it he can call me on 07792174438  after the weekend and he can have it for a fee
what i meant was that it has earnt its keep

Simon

It was meant as a joke :) see some of the other threads.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

clinton

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 05:46:30 pm »
Joe  :)