Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyman

insurance?
« on: December 23, 2008, 03:20:32 pm »
just in the process of building up a round all wfp  domestic,what type of insrance do i need,and do i need public liability.
any ideas of how much roughly and any good companys to use. thanks in advance guys?

Mr H

Re: insurance?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 04:01:13 pm »
If your working selfemployed then you need public liabilty BY LAW......
If you employ staff then by law you need employers liabilty BEFORE you start to employ them.
If you use your own car or van then they MUST be covered for business use or your insuance is invalid......

Regards
Mr H

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 04:06:51 pm »
Hi Gemma you don't have to have any by law but its a good idea if you do have  public liability just in case anyone trips over your hose or you are liable for any other accidents.

mine was under £89 for 1 Million cover but I'm changing it as it doesn't cover buildings you are working on.

I have posted a question today on prices so you may want to keep an eye on that post as well.

Chris.      
Sussex by the sea

monkeyman

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 04:29:49 pm »
will do thanks for that chris :)

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 05:04:56 pm »
If your working selfemployed then you need public liabilty BY LAW......

Regards
Mr H

Is that correct? I dont think it is, but i may be wrong. Id like to be wrong.. but i know many self employed workers out there dont have any insurance for the type of work they do.

Mr H

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 05:38:32 pm »
I sit corected... Just double checked and it is NOT law for public liability insurance but it is strongly recommended as you are SOLELY responsable for paying any damages that might arise from a claim.

http://www.know-insurance.co.uk/business/liability_insurance/do_i_need_public.htm

As or employers liabilty then it IS law and the insurance can not be for less than £5million.

http://www.know-insurance.co.uk/business/liability_insurance/do_i_need_employers.htm

Regards
Mr H