Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RSWindows

Cars floating in middle of roads
« on: December 19, 2008, 06:20:32 pm »
Went to pick up a new battery for my Sprinter van from a car components shop thats about 12miles from home, traffic on motorway a bit crazy but it always is on black Friday so nothing out of the ordinary. but got home and found that he gave me the wrong battery  :o

Headed back to get the right one, and noticed that the traffic on the road that is my return home was at a complete stand-still due to the lanes being flooded in 3ft of water with about a dozen or so cars stuckin the middle  :-\  So went through the towns instead of the motorway and things went from bad to worse...

Roads everywhere blocked and taped off because cars were FLOATING down the road  :o   i know my local area like the back of my hand but absolutely everywhere was closed due to the flooding. Anyways after about 2hrs of driving in circles i had, had more than enough and found another road that could have taken me closer to home but the puddle/pond was undecidably deep for my coupe' to pass through, ohh and i had my 2 kids in the car 1y/o and 3y/o   SO, i decided to go up on the grass thinking that as long as i kept the rev's down i cold pass no probs  "eeeeeeeteeeeee" <--- in a family fortunes type manner

Wheels spinnning like crazy, wheels were just digging themselves in big time! Nice driver got out her car with her son in his mid 20's they tryed pusing and pulling but to no avail, 2 seperate guys out walking their dog helped out so that made four pushers....still not budging  :-[

Then a bus driver stopped his bus and got out and helped and then 2 male passengers joined the car pushing, muddy army. After 10mins of me wheelspinning all the mud on the poor peoples faces, jackets and trousers they did it!  but not quite only 5-6 inches but that was enough for me to get a turn of the wheel and point the car at the direction of the closest piece of concrete (that was about 9inches underwater) and i send the pushers to the back of the car to push me into the puddle and with little effort i was on concrete..stopped the car and opened my door to shout a big thank you to the muddy army that helped and saw that the water was slowly getting into my car when the door was opened because of the small waves that were going on diue to the car passing through so quickly closed door and ended up going through the damn puddle after all   >:(

My 3 year old thaught it was great fun aqt first but that was short lived and she started panicing  :-\

Moral of the story:

See a puddle "just go for it" first time ;D
Make sure you get the right battery and avoid a second trip and all will be OK
Carry spare clothes for the poor sods that help get you out of the mud (pun intended)
use a 4x4 and not a sports coupe'
always take the wife with u.......would have looked great getting covered in mud
Dont move to Scotland...its wet here!