Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jefftemperley

clutch bearing
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:21:21 pm »
FAO discount window cleaning

could you let me know where you got your dog leg clutch id like to see if it will work with what im rgging up

cheers
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

Re: clutch bearing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:43:48 pm »
There are several pictures of and explantions of it already on here. I don't think  the dog leg would help you and I didn't buy it I made it. It's possible that something similar exists that you could buy that would do the same job.

As I see it there are three choices, direct drive onto the spindle as I did, a pulley and belt as wayne suggested, or some kind of wheel against the rim of the reel. Of course the reel needs to free wheel when you are on the outward leg.

I put a lot of effort into solving this and was quite chuffed with the result and did share the info at the time which is till on here.

I was a bit miffed at the £800 quote, not the price, but the fact that they clearly didn't know what they are talking about. Another leisure battery? Special steel because of pure water?

They are boneheads and out of their comfort zone with 12v. The market is much bigger than they suspect, not just for us, but the pressure washer boys and a few other applications too.

jefftemperley

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 08:34:48 am »
make you right with that, at the right price i cant see wc's not wanting one of these.

i have a place within a qtr mile of me that manufactures bearings (drove past it for 3 years and never noticed till yesterday!)
 ill take a visit mon i want them to make a clutch bearing but with a spindle either side so i can connect motor direct to spindle on hose, but still be able to free wheel when walking out hose.

if they solve this last problem ill have all the parts for a prototype which will be fully controllable and will sense if the hose gets snagged and shut off power to the motor.

i know what you mean about stainless steel for pure water and i agree its a bit overkill i have normal fittings with my redashe reel and always have 000 tds.

i actually wasnt interested in doing this commercially but now ive put so much effort into it i think ill have a go ill only have to get housings manufactured to hold things in place and make it look tidy.

looks like the race is on paul mc  ;D

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 12:14:58 pm »
That sounds very practical. I don't know about sensing snags, but thats not an issue.

What sort of redashe reel have you and how much was it?

You certainly do not need another battery as they advised

jefftemperley

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 07:19:21 pm »
its a redashe e-zy 460 series about £140 + vat and delivery my battery is charged by the van via a split charge relay so power is never a problem.

the electronic control unit im having made works similar to the way a varistrem works only made to take higher loadings associated with the power of the drive motor, and having an emergency kill switch on it to comply with hse legislation.

the shut off settings will be more to protect the motor in case of snags rather than damage elsewhere

i did a search for the string about your set up  couldnt find anything?

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 07:22:26 pm »
Okay i will try and put some pics up, they are on other comp and some letters on the keyboard aren't working

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 07:55:37 pm »
bbbb

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 07:57:51 pm »

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 08:04:28 pm »
Does that tiny little drill really wind it in faster than a minute, as that chap on here showed with his youtube vid the other day?

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 08:20:54 pm »
This is faster than Clint Eastwood on his best day, more dramtatic than the time he got hold of the gatling gun and wiped out the enemy force, while being the cheapest most straightforward DIY  available.

I've posted before that it's a show stopper, and about the reaction of people who see it, but you can only say it so many times.  ;D

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 08:22:06 pm »
Well done then!

Could I see a video clip?

jefftemperley

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 08:40:08 am »
Very clever bit of engineering.
 ive got something else in mind, makita drill is well worth the money too i dropped mine in my tank it was submerged for 20 mins! when i got it out i dried it out and it still works fine!

jefftemperley

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 04:12:02 pm »
discount

ive been to 4 bearing suppliers and one manufacturer there is nothing that suits the job better than a version of what you have put together hats off to you.

did you have an engineering background? how did you come up with it?

either way ive now gone to a turners who are making me a prototype to suit my motor and reel should have it by end of next week

if it goes well  as a show of good manners  ill be sending you a drink so let me know your contact details.

thanks for being open and helpful

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 09:16:15 pm »
Thought i'd just hit this back to the top for a minute.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 10:23:12 pm »
And why not.....take a bow  :)

jefftemperley

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 08:35:37 am »
well while we are on the subject again ill give you all an update on power reel,

while ive been working with the designer things have changed considerably

the design has just been changed to incorporate an electromagnetic clutch.
the box holding the controls will now be mounted underneath the reel to make the unit more compact
it will be stainless steel construction throughout including the swivel inlet.
my designer is making the drive box so it can be fitted underneath other reels for people who choose to buy a  kit to convert existing reels.

as before the units can stack on top of each other and they can  fitted to floors walls and ceilings so are very flexible on how and where they can be mounted.

it has taken a lot more money than i ever invisaged for this project but will be worth the wait

anyone who want to register there interest in one drop me an email so ive got your details on file.

now i have some experience of what is involved my original launch date was way out, so i expect to start production april/may 2009