Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

East coast window cleaning Services

Pure freedom 650ltr system question
« on: December 22, 2008, 04:44:16 pm »
spoke the guys there they reckon i need a water softner as my tds off mains is around 455. anyone got one of these systems as i thought with a 40/40 and 2 20 inch filters that would be enough.
P&R Window Cleaning

jaykie

Re: Pure freedom 650ltr system question
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 04:58:26 pm »
I got one, they never told me to get softner but i spoke to a mate of mine who told me to do it so i have now and id say definatly add this.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 05:01:51 pm »
Whats your tds RWC
P&R Window Cleaning

jaykie

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 05:06:42 pm »
240 from tap

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 05:28:40 pm »
I would say get a softener with your tap TDS. It will remove the calcium from the water before it goes through any of the on board filters. You will use less resin and prolong the life of your RO membrane.

If you came to me for a system and gave me this info I would insist on fitting one.

Andrew

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 05:35:10 pm »
I would say get a softener with your tap TDS. It will remove the calcium from the water before it goes through any of the on board filters. You will use less resin and prolong the life of your RO membrane.

If you came to me for a system and gave me this info I would insist on fitting one.

Andrew

I emailed you earlier for a price but not heard back from you
P&R Window Cleaning

jaykie

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 05:42:24 pm »
These systems are resin before tank so it is in your tank at 000, in the new year i will be taking all the bits out so i have static tank and will put another resin in van as i have 2 pumps.

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 05:52:41 pm »
This is a question that none of us will know if it is required as you will have to get your water tested first. If the Cation load in you water is very high then yes you will see the benefits of adding an water softner which is Cation based. This will then reduce the load on your R/O.

On the opposite side if your Cation load in you water is very low then will not have much impact. It's a try and see situation, some see benefits some don't due to low Cation load in their water.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 06:00:52 pm »

Andrew

I emailed you earlier for a price but not heard back from you

Now done :)

Andrew