Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mattcochram

Prochem 1 day cleaning course
« on: November 23, 2008, 12:18:57 pm »
Hi as i said earlier im fairly new to all this and have been looking into the prochem 1 day cleaning course as the next one in Chessington is in December. Have many of you been on this and whether it is worth the money?

Regards
Matt

Re: Prochem 1 day cleaning course
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 12:41:03 pm »
Did mine in 1985 and it did give me a good start as i already used Prochem machines and chemicals. May not be as relevant to someone who uses alternative supplier as very product based!!
NCCA training is far more comprehensive and covers all types of machines, methods of cleaning and varying types of solutions ......... not essential to join up after unless you wish  ;D

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 12:45:44 pm »
Hi Matt

and welcome to our industry.

Prochem are probably the UK leaders for anything to do with carpet cleaning. Their products and services vary from excellent to superb :)

If you are a complete novice, the Prochem 2 day is probably best suited to your needs as you will also look at the business side of our industry as well as the technical aspect of the one day course. I would also recommend that you complete their Upholstery cleaning course.  If you are to purchase a new Prochem machine, you may qualify for a free Prochem training course. See the banners above of this site's sponsor, Express Cleaning Supplies, for details.

Alternatives are the two day carpet and two day upholstery from the IICRC at various places around the country, although I feel that this may be a bit too intense for a newbie.

Probably the most highly regarded training in the industry is the NCCA. This is a combined one day carpet and one day upholstery course held in Leicester, always on a Friday and Saturday.  www.ncca.co.uk  This course, as with IICRC, will allow you to apply for membership to the NCCA. Obviously, as an Area Officer and former Director of the NCCA, it is only right that I admit to a vested interest in the success of this course.

As for "......whether it is worth the money?"  for all of the above, a resounding YES. Having now completed 28 years in our industry, I still try to attend at least one training course a year in order to keep abreast of developments. This year I have attended three formal courses, two workshops and two industry events, and learnt something at every one.  

Training is an investment, not an expense.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

mattcochram

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:55:04 pm »
Thanks for the feedback guys, i looked at the NCCA website but currently have no training courses shedeuled as yet for 2009, so will do the prochem one in december and aim to get on the NCCA one when they have some dates!

Thanks again

Matt

tanley

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 10:54:03 pm »
I'm just back from the 2 day (This Tue/Wed). It was worth EVERY PENNY. :) & Great fun.

spindle

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 10:14:08 am »
take your own lunch..........or go greggs around the corner!!!

did course in 05.......good fun but as chris straker said product based training..

well worth doing though :)

life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

sherco

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 10:27:40 am »
Did mine two years ago, did 2 day  carpet cleaning and one day upholstery, i found it a good course and food at lunchtime was good, I stayed in the travel lodge in chessington, a few guys were moaning about the digs prochem recommended. Good luck
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

spindle

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 10:35:43 am »
food was like school dinners.......but will admit i am food snob :o ;D ;D ;)
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

derek west

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 11:26:05 am »
prochem and ncca are both well worth the money, i would recommend both, about 2 months apart, theres a lot to take in,
i did prochem 2 day, and all though the second day was a bit repetitive i still enjoyed it, then i did the ncca and everything clicked, not because it was better but because it was like filling in the bits that didn't sink in with the first course.
i really need a second upholstery course purely for the same reasons.
hope this helps
derek