Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevin James

How long before these vans have corrosion problems?
« on: November 29, 2008, 03:52:54 pm »
If we are to invest £25k plus, I'd want to make sure the kit lasts a min of 10 years so I make some proper returns.
Whats the experience out there?

Kevin J

Kevin R

Re: How long before these vans have corrosion problems?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 07:17:21 pm »
10 years your having a laugh aren't you?

If your van looks cheap so does your business. Cost in a good replacement factor and you will never have to worry about rust or tatty vans.

There are some amazing lease deals out there up to 5 years! Every payment tax deductible too!

matt

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 07:24:31 pm »
forget the loss every year

image is everything, a new van every year is a must  ::) ::) ::)

matt

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 07:26:00 pm »
on a serious note kevin James

protecacote your floors and a few inches up the sides of the van, that should help alot, my concearn is for the amount of water in the vans, you allways get loads of condensation and its on the roof and running down the sides of the van

geefree

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 07:50:09 pm »
i have started leaving two windows open very slighlty... the windscreen is now clear in the mornings... and no condensation inside....

but its too cold at the moment.

brrrrrrrrrrrrr  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 07:51:46 pm »
Two steps will help with these issues.

Buy a VW T5 Transporter and enjoy a corrosion free galvanised body shell.

Put a de-humidifier in the van overnight during the winter, it will prevent excess moisture and prevent freezing.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 08:16:22 pm »
If you change the van every 3 years you don't need to bother with messy coating painted all over the inside of your van.

I clean the inside of mine out regularly and it still looks like new after 18 months.

kevin James

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 08:34:15 pm »
10 years your having a laugh aren't you?

If your van looks cheap so does your business. Cost in a good replacement factor and you will never have to worry about rust or tatty vans.

There are some amazing lease deals out there up to 5 years! Every payment tax deductible too!

Not keen on the "throw away" idea. Like to look after stuff, improve it, get the gear just how you want. Having to start again every year or even 3 years seems to me to be a backward step & a waste of valuable time.
99% of me work is domestic & yes , they don't want to see a tatty van, but if they see you looking after your gear, then thats encouraging for them. If I had a new vehicle every other year, they'd make snide comments about earning too much!
It's got to be about profit & that might mean some pretty drastic cost cutting measures in the next year. I charge £7.50 for a 3 bed, how does this compare,?

Cheers kevin j

dd

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 08:57:48 pm »
I bought brand new Dispatch 2.0hdi for £11,500 and it cost about £2500 to kit it out with 600l tank etc in 2006. Total spend approx £14,000. (I have separate static sytem in garage). I plan to keep it 7 years then buy another new van.

If your round is mainly domestic I can't see how you need to spend 25k or so on your van.

ftp

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 09:00:18 pm »
 ::) Kevin, you haven't been on here very long have you? If you've got a shiney van, embroidered uniform and good looks then you can charge at least £30.00 for a three bed, £200 for a conservatory roof and £10.00 for a garage door!

WCE

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 09:02:05 pm »
i have started leaving two windows open very slighlty... the windscreen is now clear in the mornings... and no condensation inside....

but its too cold at the moment.

brrrrrrrrrrrrr  ;D
God thats a risk, talk about making it easy for someone to break in to your van!
You should think yourself lucky you just get condensation I have had an iced up inside window quite a few times!!!
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

matt

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 09:03:47 pm »
::) Kevin, you haven't been on here very long have you? If you've got a shiney van, embroidered uniform and good looks then you can charge at least £30.00 for a three bed, £200 for a conservatory roof and £10.00 for a garage door!

ive told you, your prices are sooooooo last year, you need to increase them by 15 % EVERY YEAR, you must have forgotten that

oh and its 20 quid for a garage door

matt

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 09:04:40 pm »
ref condensation, you could just fit a mushroom roof vent

WCE

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 09:05:35 pm »
I charge £7.50 for a 3 bed, how does this compare,?

Cheers kevin j
Depends on the area up north they charge that but where I am window cleaners range from £10-15. I'll give you a serious answer as apposed to ftp!!! The braggers have got to him ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

kevin James

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 09:10:40 pm »
I bought brand new Dispatch 2.0hdi for £11,500 and it cost about £2500 to kit it out with 600l tank etc in 2006. Total spend approx £14,000. (I have separate static sytem in garage). I plan to keep it 7 years then buy another new van.

If your round is mainly domestic I can't see how you need to spend 25k or so on your van.

Well, if you're gonna 'ave a new van, 'ave the fullworks, go camping in it( no arguemenrs for at least 2 weeks who fetches the water!)

Kevin j