Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

Removing Dye from rug
« on: November 29, 2008, 05:11:04 pm »
Hi guys, I'm from the window cleaning side of the forum, but wondered if I could get some help from you guys. I visited a friend recently and sat on his brand new expensive white rug, when I stood up the dye from my new jeans had left behind a big blue mark!! any ideas about the best way to remove it??  :-\ Thanks, Graham.  :)

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Removing Dye from rug
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 05:13:33 pm »
Get a professional in it will save you as these jobs are what you pay them for and not for the faint hearted.

Where abouts do you live or should I say where does your friend live?

Shaun

groundhog

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 05:17:16 pm »
I thought thats what someone would say!! But I'm only a hard up window cleaner and can't afford an expensive carpet cleaner to do the job for me!! Surely there must be a tip someone could give me to help remove the mark? Btw my friend lives in Hindhead Surrey.  :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 05:21:10 pm »
I bet Steve Barnet would do you a deal for  passing his cards around.

Shaun

groundhog

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 05:27:12 pm »
Well I have over 400 customers that I could give his cards to, thats got to be worth a decent discount!! How much are we talking to clean a rug which is about 8' by 6' ?? I would still appreciate a tip though!!!  :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 05:44:55 pm »
Probably with solvent like Eco spotter and the flushed with a machine but dependant on many things.

www.carpetcareplus.co.uk/

Shaun

pete sween

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 06:28:30 pm »
Groundhog

This is far from being a diy job. Is the rug an oriental/Iranian,afghan etc. or is it just a ikea/next special

Pete

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 06:54:37 pm »
Shaun

Thanks for the plug mate  :-*

Groundhog

Happy to help you and your friend - I'm sure we can come to an arrangement if you can help me promote my services to your clients  ;)

Steve

groundhog

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 08:21:31 pm »
Hi Steve, Thankyou for your offer mate, I would certainly be prepared to give your flyers etc to all of my 400+ regular customers and recommend your services to them, the only thing is that most of my customers are slightly to the South of Surrey in Hampshire, is this any good to you? If it is I will contact you via your website or phone number and see what we can arrange. Many thanks, Graham.  :)

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 09:52:06 pm »
No problem Graham

A lot of my old customers are based in all parts of Surrey and Hampshire so I have to cover a wide radius, it's not unusual for me to drive 25 miles to a client in any direction.

Plus my accountant is in Petersfield and my youngest daughters boyfriend lives in Haslemere, so I am routinely dropping her to and from there. No wonder I have a high fuel bill.

Give us a bell anytime.

Steve

groundhog

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 09:55:27 pm »
Thanks Steve, I will have a word with my friend and then I will be in touch with you to see what arrangement that we can come to. Thanks again, Graham.  :)