Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dmlservices

de pressurising system
« on: November 29, 2008, 03:47:36 pm »
hi
i use a van mount , 100 psi pump, varistream , 100 mtrs micro bore,

i switch on at first job , then turn of at the end of the day,

i always leave system pressured up ( disconnect ez snap, wait for varistream to switch of , then turn of the varistream ,

been doing this for nearly 2 years no problems .

it has occured to me though that by doing this, if my system ever froze ( it hasn't yet ) , that this could put strain on pump , hoses ect.

up till this year i have always placed heater in van , set to come on at a certain temp, but this year i have not put on -so far.

my van is kept under cover so it is protected against frost - compared to a van kept on road .

so far the overnight temp has not gone below -2 but system ok,

with the way things are now with energy bills ( mine has tripled compaired to last year ) i am trying to cut down on energy bills , so if i can avoid putting heater in van i will do.

just wandered how many leave system prressurised over night, and any damgage to pump hoses by doing this

daz

Spruce

Re: de pressurising system
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 04:26:47 pm »
Hi
Always depressurise system at the end of the day. Usually several times during the day as well if moving onto another estate. I didn't like shutting the hose in the van doors as the couplings to the hose reel are outside under the rear bumper. At night especially, hose reels get put into the van with a sealed hose on the inlet coupling to stop it dripping into the van.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dmlservices

Re: de pressurising system
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 05:56:38 pm »
my reel is bolted in , so i do not have to disconnect at any time

daz