Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bwoofie

Only use 80ltrs water per week.DI Vessel?
« on: November 27, 2008, 05:53:10 pm »
I only use about 80lts of water in a week and have been told that I could get away with just using a DI vessel
My tds reading at home is 178.Dont really want to get a full RO unit because of space
What do you guys think?
Thanks

Alex Gardiner

Re: Only use 80ltrs water per week.DI Vessel?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 06:06:16 pm »
A 25 litre sack of resin would last you 35 weeks.  Therefore your weekly cost would be £2.26 approximately.

dmlservices

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 06:31:19 pm »
I only use about 80lts of water in a week and have been told that I could get away with just using a DI vessel
My tds reading at home is 178.Dont really want to get a full RO unit because of space
What do you guys think?
Thanks

how come you only use 80 ltrs per week,

is your work nearly all trad still

daz

ronnie paton

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 06:34:58 pm »
alex if i go through 2500 ltr a week and my water is 50 how long will a 25lt bag of resin last please

darragh windows

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 07:16:01 pm »
alex if i go through 2500 ltr a week and my water is 50 how long will a 25lt bag of resin last please

sorry to but in alex but ronnie i use roughly same amount of water as you per week and my tds is the same ,    going through double di 11litre contaners it lasts 6 weeks putting about 10 litres of di in at a time so a bag should last 15 weeks ,dowex resin
jamie

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 07:21:36 pm »

I think that works out at 5 weeks

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 10:44:23 pm »

Sorry Ronnie, only just spotted this.  It's about 5 weeks (like Matt said).  However, you find you get longer out of it which must be down to the exact composition of your water. It shows why it's very hard to compare resin use from one area to another.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 12:18:41 am »
If you use such a small amount of water, why not use rain water? A 200 litre butt and diverter kit will cost about £40 to £50. One night's rain will fill a 200 litre butt. The tds of rain water can be between 002 and 008.

Jason Atwell

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 04:28:34 pm »
What is the equation for working out the amount of water you can produce, depending on your tap tds?
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 04:30:56 pm »
What is the equation for working out the amount of water you can produce, depending on your tap tds?

All equations are approximate and depend on exact chemical composition of the water, not just the tds.  As a pessimistic guide, take 500,000 divide by the tds of the tap water and this will give you how many litres you can get out of a 25 litre sack of resin.  Divide the final figure by 25 and times it by the number of litres in your resin vessel and you will have a figure for how long your vessel will last.

This figure is how long the resin will process it to 000ppm.  I usually find it is slightly on the low side for most people.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 04:33:07 pm »

Take the figure 20,000 (thats the figure to start with, dont know how they come up with that figure, but thats the one), divide it by your TDS figure and thats how many litres of pure water can be made from 1 litre of resin.

In the above example the TDS is 178, so 20,000 divided by 178 is 112 (112 litres of water from 1 litre of DI resin)

In a 25 Kg bag of resin thats 2,800 litres of water, the guy uses 80 litres a week, so thats where Alex gets the figure of 35 weeks (2,800 divided by 80)

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 04:33:52 pm »

All equations are approximate and depend on exact chemical composition of the water, not just the tds.  As a pessimistic guide, take 500,000 divide by the tds of the tap water and this will give you how many litres you can get out of a 25 litre sack of resin.  Divide the final figure by 25 and times it by the number of litres in your resin vessel and you will have a figure for how long your vessel will last.

This figure is how long the resin will process it to 000ppm.  I usually find it is slightly on the low side for most people.

You type fast  ;D

you also have mail.

bwoofie

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 10:50:17 pm »
Thanks for that guys! very informative.
The reason that i only use that amount of water as someone asked is that
I still only have a smallish round
If i do use the pole, its for upstairs windows only
Still do downstairs trad
But I think that the pole is a very useful tool for what I do
At the mo I pay £2.50 per 20ltrs container for pure water so I would benefit in getting my own vessell

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 11:49:59 pm »
God, who said window cleaning was for simple folk??

Mathimatical equations divide x by y and times by itsef ..... blah blah blah!!!

I fill my tank every evening from a tap and hose pipe in my garden, every few days I check my water, and believe it or not since buying my system two and a bit years ago I have done absolutely nothing to it, no new resin, no nothing, and it's working a treat. I even clean my own windows each week, in and out, and they're spotless.

Don't ask me how but apart from a new hose and the odd connector, oh, and a nice hybrid pole, I've not had to spend a penny on it's upkeep.

It's no more expensive than a mop and squeegie  ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!