Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ryan Smyth

bonnet/lm cleaning
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:03:42 pm »
Im looking to add some more firepower to the arsenal 8)
dont really know a lot about bonnet cleaning or low moisture systems are they the same?
Anyway iv came across afew belgian wiltons recently,didnt touch! So basically im looking a reasonable
(cheap) machine that can clean things like that and can also b used for agitation.Just a basic model for the time being and i can upgrade later.If you all could throw a few make and model names out i could check them out.Cheers
Ryan

Jim_77

Re: bonnet/lm cleaning
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 02:50:38 pm »
Why not buy a decent machine to start with?!  You don't have to use a rotary just for LM cleaning, they are extremely handy for use in conjunction with your HWE system, and it also opens up hard floor cleaning too... Amtico is big money!

Grab yourself a Victor or Numatic low speed machine, should be in the range of 170 - 200 ish RPM.  Drive plate, half a dozen bonnets/pads and a polyprop scrub brush, which incidentally is bloody fantastic for getting cut pile polyprop carpets to stand up again ;)

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 03:05:14 pm »
Jim,just seen a 17" numatic nmd 1000 in a ebay shop £145,it doesnt tell the rpm though.
is this too good to be true ???
Ryan

clinton

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 03:07:08 pm »
Try and spend some money on one and it will be worth in and soon pay for itself :)

I sometimes go over with a bonnet even after h w e cleaning just to speed the drying time up and its better than a carpet groom :)

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 03:16:11 pm »

Gary Webber

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 05:43:07 pm »
Hi Ryan,

I Dont know what speed the Numatic runs at, but to be honest there isnt enough weight to pad/bonnet clean effectively. The ideal weight would be 40-48 kilos in order to "bed" the pad down efficeintly to the carpet.

The ideal speed  for this type of macjine would be 170-180 r.p.m.

Lastly, I would opt for a direct drive mechanism over a belt, as the belt tend to expand over time and with the torque of using a rotary machine for this type of process.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Gary

Bob Robertson

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 05:43:44 pm »
Ryan

Here is another one on ebay with all the accessories.

Item No- 16028613138

Bob