Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

FaceBook
« on: November 24, 2008, 10:48:46 pm »
How many people get work via FaceBook ........... have had marketplace entry under Carpet Cleaning for a while now and seem to get at least 1 job a month. Cost me nothing and people tell me that the fact they see the real person and not just the business face, that is why they gave me the work  :-\

Worth a try in this climate  ;)

Jim_77

Re: FaceBook
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 12:06:27 am »
Crikey I wouldn't let anyone from the carpet cleaning world, pro's or customers, anywhere near my facebook profile!

I could create a separate account but don't have any sensible stuff on there to put up tbh!

food for thought though...

M.Acorn

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 08:13:43 am »
I deleted my account,got sick of all the crap my friends sent me,flippin vampires and zombies,and pirates,pretend drinks,i have a myspace account with music i have had released.And like jim,wouldn`t want anyone on here or customers seeing that  ;D
What goes around comes around

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 07:50:11 pm »
I've had a couple of jobs through facebook..... I'm surveying a job tomorrow (Three bed house and double oven) through ebay... 1st proper interest out of 170+ viewings. It cost just over a fiver to enter it on ebay classifieds!

derek west

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 08:42:49 pm »
£5??????????????
mine costs 7 p
derek

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 08:54:54 pm »
I added pictures and all that type of thing.... I could have done it on the cheap but I wanted to try out the gallery and all that.... Works out cheaper than the £550 I spent on a 6 week ad campaign with a Cornwall wide news rag in Which I got one job... £130. So I'm hardly phased by spending a lady! ;)

derek west

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 09:41:33 pm »
ive got a gallery picture!
anyway, had 2 jobs in 6 months, not bad going.
derek

Jon Tabbener

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 05:40:06 pm »
Thats 2 jobs in 6 months off your e-bay ad derek ? not bad at all always wondered if it was worth it.

Think i may have done prochem training with you mate in Jan this year ?

All the best

Jon from cardiff

Eclipse Carpet Care
eclipsecarpetcare.co.uk
Cleaner Carpets

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 05:56:59 pm »
Had 11 since last November and ranged from minimum charge up to one £241 job ........... not bad for free listing with logo  ;D
In all fairness, two were from old customers that recognised name  ::)