Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ryan Smyth

viscose
« on: November 23, 2008, 06:08:42 pm »
Evening all,i have a suite to do tomorrow and when i priced it i noticed the label said:
pile 100 acrylic
42.0 acrylic
38.0 viscose
20.0 polyester
Now the lady said the suite had been cleaned before with no problems,but on the special notes on the label it stated...viscose velours.under no circumstances must water be applied directly to this type of fabric.
Should i clean and avoid were the viscose is (on the design on cushions)or leave alone ???
Ryan

pete sween

Re: viscose
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 06:19:35 pm »
Hi Ryan

When viscose gets wet it weakens and this can obviously create problems depending on the method you are using. I notice the label 100% acrylic pile (is it a chenile style?

I have never had a problem but I woulod text the swatch so you now how durable it is and be very careful when moving suite aroubd once you have exposed it to any moisture.

Pete

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:29:23 pm »
Ryan

With a 100% acrylic pile, this will NOT be a viscose velour.  I suspect viscose will be present in the backing as a filler/structural yarn.  Although the viscose will be weaker when wet, subject to normal testing,  I would quite happily wet cleaning this fabric. Just don't subject it to vigorous agitation when wet or drying with the towel afterwards as a belt and braces approach to avoiding a split in the fabric.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 08:26:30 pm »
Hi Guys

Agree it's effectively a dralon type suite so provided you don't absolutely saturate, should be fine.

Cheers

Doug

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 11:13:10 pm »
cheers guys :)
Ryan