Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

To those of you who offer commercial carpet cleaning services, what marketing methods work best for you.

Paul

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: What marketing method works best for you with commercial customers
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:14:45 pm »
Window cleaners usually go out and ask for the Facilities manager.

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 08:26:26 am »
Not done much of this PAul, but some will ring up and ask for the name of the Facilities Manage or person who manages the health of the employess of the office manager, whatever....

then write to that person using the name and title, then follow up a few days later when its still in their minds (hopefully) and try to get in with a demo or a quote

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:42:51 am »
Do director's homes....and then get invited to clean their commercial premises. And often you will not be in competition, or if you are, then price should be only one factor in the decision of whom is awarded the contract rather than (as is so often) the only consideration.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Ricky M

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 09:00:46 am »
Depending on the size of the company, I think its down to contracts mgr who then decides who gets the work in the end................. not a 100% on this just a guess my friend

You will do work on a domestic level for people who work in these kind of places, It could be worth you asking Qs.....names of decision makers, do they know if they have a regular CC at there place.

Ive got 1 job this week with KMF by asking Qs of a custy and put a couple of quotes in at other places .

Ricky T

www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

craigp

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 09:27:31 am »
A friend of mines a directory for a financal services company with around 300 staff, he told me he would simply ask the lowest paid employee (usally a receptionist) to call around and get quotes.

So im afriad you wont be dealing with the decission maker and thats why often it will come down to lowest price.

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 10:51:04 am »
As mentioned elsewhere ....... Commercial rates but domestic standards !!!!!
Too many commercials i have been to, are used to frequent cleans as that is what is needed ........... now with ms and water rinse, resoiling is slower process. My biggest commercial is £2400 (a weekend of 13 - 16 hours) and was being done every 3 months as used on daily basis by 100+ staff ........... now down to 4 monthly clean which effectively means i have saved that company 25% on its carpet cleaning  :o