Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Ultrapac Renovate
« on: November 05, 2008, 10:45:43 am »
How does U R compare with  Traffiiclean or Multi Pro as a prespray??

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

andrew christopher

Re: Ultrapac Renovate
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 10:58:26 am »
Hi,

I get good results with it, only have used it on synthetic, bonded rubber backed short pile carpets in flat stair wells.Robust to clean! Often to remove drip marks from leaking refuse sacks carried down stairs. Have found that its too time consuming on this type of work with the carpets marked so bad to treat all stains individualy so pre spray with ultra pac renovate strong solution on very bad areas and traffic lane every where else, sebo duo agitate or hand scrubb with small brush. HWE extract with fibre fabric rinse.

Once used in cobination with solval on an old motor oil large stain in a stair well. (guy put motor bike engine on carpet) and had great result. I think from advice i got here the solvall removes the oil part and the ultra pac the carbon deposits in the oil?

I think on this type of work you seem to have to try do what gets best results for time spent, money earnt.

I too would be intersted to hear other cleaners views on u r.

Andy

Gerry Styles

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 11:25:23 am »
Hi,

I get good results with it, only have used it on synthetic, bonded rubber backed short pile carpets in flat stair wells.Robust to clean! Often to remove drip marks from leaking refuse sacks carried down stairs. Have found that its too time consuming on this type of work with the carpets marked so bad to treat all stains individualy so pre spray with ultra pac renovate strong solution on very bad areas and traffic lane every where else, sebo duo agitate or hand scrubb with small brush. HWE extract with fibre fabric rinse.

Once used in cobination with solval on an old motor oil large stain in a stair well. (guy put motor bike engine on carpet) and had great result. I think from advice i got here the solvall removes the oil part and the ultra pac the carbon deposits in the oil?

I think on this type of work you seem to have to try do what gets best results for time spent, money earnt.

I too would be intersted to hear other cleaners views on u r.

Andy

Andy

What do you mean by strong solution? Ultrapac is high PH, would reccomend that you follow dilution rates otherwise you may lead yourself to a claim. I use Ultrapac as dictated by the job and carpet type ie Indian Restruant, greasy floor, garage workshop office. You might find power burst better as a prespray
Premier Klean Limited

andrew christopher

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 12:02:35 pm »
Hi Gerry,

I use diluted to prochems heavy soil dilution rates. i will repeat apply on stubborn areas. I will try power burst.

As a matter of interest my brother had a 80/20 beige carpet in a rented out flat that he was going to replace, so i was able to go mad on it, numerous stains, been let for 2 yrs and trashed.Dark spots every where old stains, kintchen onto carpet etc.

I used loads of ultra pac and prochem traffic lane on it, repeat applications and agitation with sebo duo,but i had nothing to loose,almost wanted to see if i could over wet it, shrink it, ruin it as it was being thrown out.Extracted out too much wetness with hand tool and re applied the pre sprays and finally extracted with fabric fibre rinse with wand, left air mover over night. The resuts were by no means perfect but carpet was acceptable for letting, i dont know what long term damage this cleaning will have done but my brother was happy as he got another year out of it. It was a fun thing to do, i would have liked to try a rotary machine on it to see if this would have made any more difference since the sebo is bit light weight with the agitation.I used really strong dilutions on this carpet but i dont think they made much difference, the marks and stains seemed to have point where they would fade and stronger chemical dilutions made no difference. It was good to have carpet like this to experiment on, i would liked to have had a better range of chemicals to try but the carpet fitter was booked.

Id be interested to hear views on the damage this would do, why i had no real problems after, the feel of the carpet seemed fine after this treatment!

I am obviously not advocating the cleaning of a customers carpets like this.

Andy

markpowell

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 03:52:59 pm »
ultrapac renovate is Prochems recommended pre-spray for polyprop carpets.
trafficclean and multi pro more or less the same the only difference being that trafficclean contains waterbased solvents to help with greasy soils.
if you are dealing with oil or grease you would be far better off using powerburst as a pre-spray.
Mark

derek west

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 05:28:11 pm »
i'm starting to think it doesn't matter (within reason) what you throw on a wool carpet, as long as you acid rinse it and use an airmover to dry it, i could be wrong but then i like it danderous.
derek

JandS

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 05:50:16 pm »
That motor oil thing is a good idea.
Love to have a empty room and a carpet to play with.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

andrew christopher

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 05:51:56 pm »
Hi Derek,

Do you think an air mover makes a lot of difference? On some jobs its not practical to leave for a long period.

Andy

derek west

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 06:11:35 pm »
andrew
doesn't take that long to dry depending on your cleaning system.
if i'm cleaning 3 rooms, i'll garauntee 2 are dry before i leave, even wool, and i make a habit of cleaning the wool ones first if possible, i use a whole room dryer and swear by them, clean a room then dump it in the middle and move to the next room, the last room i clean gets 10 mins from the dryer while i'm edging and then packing up, if a poly its dry if wool its touch dry in most places, my customers seem to like the fact i dry the carpets so i use it in my selling speel.
seems to work for me, 9 out of 10 jobs everytime, (carpets only though).
still working on the suites, need more confidence.
derek

andrew christopher

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 07:28:59 pm »
Derek,
 up until now iv only cleaned carpets in stair wells, am just going to go into the domestic cleaning so thanks for your input. im not planing to do upholstery to start, the carpets is an add on to my existing commercial cleaning and window cleaning company and my domestic window cleaning round. It seems a pity to have the equipment and not use it so iv put together a web site and will market carpets to my domestic customers. Ken on another topic has given some advice with regards chemicals as on my stair wells i can get away with high alkaline chemicals and give them a hard scrub. I may well run away from a badly stained wool carpet or a patterned wilton!!

Andy

derek west

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 08:19:08 pm »
andrew
i wouldn't walk away from wool carpets, theres to many out there to do that, micro splitters are good for them, with mild agitation you should get a good results, or prespray gold, thats if you want to be careful, just do your tests and you'll be fine, and remember to confirm to the custy that because its wool not everything will come out,
theres a fine line between selling yourself to the custy without making out your superman, tell them hardly anything will come out and you lose the job, tell them everything will come out and you lose your customer if it doesn't. good thing about playing it down is when you get out morre than they expect , you really are superman to them.
derek