Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanimperial

bonnet cleaning
« on: October 29, 2008, 02:27:03 pm »
Hi a client of ours has asked us to clean there carpets.They are really bad worst I have seen.
Would it be better if I agitated with a bonnet first with prochem traffic lane. ?

I have a 400psi Ninja used it on this type of carpet before the results are good but still able to see traffic lanes.

Thanks

Re: bonnet cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:29:55 pm »
you will always see the traffic lanes due to the flattening of the pile, its the refraction of light making them look different

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 04:48:17 pm »
That adds to the appearance, no doubt, but it's still ground-in dirt that causes most of the unpleasant look in a lot of cases.

Lots of agitation between spraying and extraction will definitely help, but it's hard for anyone to say how much of a difference without seeing the specific job at hand.  You might find a brush attachment much more useful than a bonnet at this stage.

Is this a domestic or commercial job?  If it's commercial low-profile, you can minimise the risk of wicking by using your bonnet machine.  After extraction, allow the carpet to partially dry and go over it again with a clean bonnet.  A light spray of non-detergent solution can often help out at this stage before you bonnet, to give a little lubrication and remove a bit more soiling.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 05:23:49 pm »
A bonnet on a rotary is a very effective way of agitating carpets. You will though be drying the carpet at the same time so may need to reapply your prespray.

I prefer to use a white 3M skimming pad for agitation.  Until you've used a pad or mop for agitating, logic will have told you that a brush would be a better tool for this, and sometimes it is, but on most residential carpets, IMO a pad is better. Regardless of medium, always spray the brush or pad before using on the carpet.

Beware on wool. A rotary machine may distort the pile which no amount of grooming will correct. This can be made worse by some detergent free products which have less lubricative properties compared with some detergents. A medulated wool  will also shed more fibre than a non-medulated (this is part of the microscopic structure of wool and cannot be seen by the naked eye)

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

cleanimperial

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:07:05 am »
Hi

Thanks for you replies.

Sorry these pictures aren’t that good . If you look at the orange bottle on the left you can just make out the original colour. Was thinking £600 what do you think. So I’m going to agitate
With a bonnet before I hwe. I will have to hire the machine.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 04:53:38 pm »
I wouldn't extract that. Bonnet all the way. Use a microsplitter, Nemesis/M Power, DFC105 or 210 or even Ecogent.  You'd be amazed at the results. You'll need a good person with a good twin motor vac. Use a slowish pass technique with the vac. 

I carry Spray and Go for pre-spraying spilt coffee etc. but always test.  The bonnet will take out most spots and spills.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

cleanimperial

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 05:48:12 pm »
Hi

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean vac during bonnet cleaning?

clinton

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 06:12:55 pm »
Just vac before you bonnet as it will remove all the dry soiling thats in the carpet :)

carlton care

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 10:25:11 pm »
Make sure you get some "hands on" experience with the rotary before arriving on site.