Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pj

Pj's Handy Tip of the Day
« on: October 25, 2008, 01:19:52 pm »
For those who have a carbon fibre SL-X

When it says on the instructions that you need to regularly clean your carbon fibre pole, this means:

1)  Clean it more often than.. erm.. 6 months because carbon dust and dirt will make the sections eventually seize up!  Like mine :-[

2)  Although it may suggest in the instructions to soak in a bath...DO NOT TRY THAT... unless you are rich enough to own a super kingsize bath!  Whoever suggested that in the instructions is either very rich or doesn't clean their SL-X!  An SL-X will not fit in the bath.

More handy tips to follow :o ;)

Tosh

Re: Pj's Handy Tip of the Day
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 05:03:54 pm »
PJ,

Are you saying you purchased an SL-X and it only lasted you for six months?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 05:07:04 pm »
No, he's saying you need to wash it down now and then.

Btw, the putting them in the bath is in the SL2 instructions I believe.

The only time my sections seize up, is when my pole hose gets gritty, I'm trying to make something to keep it off the ground.

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:11:15 pm »
No, he's saying you need to wash it down now and then.

Oh, I thought he was saying his bath was too small to wash them down and his pole was unusable because it had seized up after six months.

6 months because carbon dust and dirt will make the sections eventually seize up! Like mine :-[

I could be wrong though.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 05:23:24 pm »
Now and then you need to flush the clamps out, and reverse flush it by sticking a garden hose down the bottom whilst having the clamps open. That washes most grit out. :)

I do it once a week at the end of Friday, after that I extend all sections, dry them off, and give the clamps a drop of oil. Coating the sections in some silicon spray once a week seems to greatly combat the dust that's coming off. I've been told it's quite normal for Carbon poles to give off dust.