Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.Acorn

Aqua seal
« on: November 24, 2008, 01:28:17 pm »
Just had an enquiry from a custy who has bought a new suite,and wants fab protector,am i right in telling her it has to be applied to freshly cleaned fabric ? or can i just blast it on as it`s new ? is there any chance of a colour change,not sure what it`s made out of as yet.
Cheers
What goes around comes around

Derek_Walker

Re: Aqua seal
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 01:36:26 pm »
If it is a new suite, as long as the colours and fabric type are ok you should have no problems just treating it without cleaning. If you are using a solvent based protector make sure the backing can take the solvent without disintegrating it.

M.Acorn

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 01:44:33 pm »
Cheers ,just called prochem said it adheres best to damp fabric,so just give it a very light spray of b109 first,then apply by pressure sprayer,i only have the pump up sprayers,which are fine for carpet protector but a bit wary of using them on fabric.
Might pass on this as if it goes wrong it`s going to be £££££

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 02:58:50 pm »
Mark

In an ideal world you will have a dedicated sprayer for protector.

If you must use your existing sprayer wash and rinse out really well several times with Fibre and Fabric Rinse, don't forget the hose line and trigger, lance and jet assemblies too.

On most sprayers, presuming you only have a carpet lance, you can remove the lance and fit the jet block directly to the handle. Much easier for upholstery.

For protector on upholstery use a 5001 fan jet @ 50psi. Some people use a 6501 but this doesn't give the correct coverage for protector when using standard application techniques. Being new to this discipline, I would advise you keep to Prochem's recommendation.

You will need an equally clean brush for agitating in the protector and if there are any exposed wood/plastic features on the furniture, wipe down immediately after application.

Obviously test first as per manufacturers instruction.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

M.Acorn

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 03:55:28 pm »
Thanks Ken  ;D
Not heard back from her as yet

clinton

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 05:06:41 pm »
Mark

Id also make sure there is not any protector on the new suite already ???

pete sween

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 05:26:55 pm »
Hi Mark

John Kelly produces a protector that can be applied to both carpet & upholstery dry.

I used to use flouroseal and Aqua Seal all the time until I tried some of this stuff. It has no name as such as was originally designed for a large contract but the colloid level is so high it knocks the spots off Prochem's (which I used to think were the best). I bought 25 lites in a drum and it mixes up at 2:1 so goes along way.

If you email your address I will send you enough for this job. All you need to do then is buy yourself a 1.5 litre hand pump sprayer to apply it with. If there is no raised pilke you don't even have to agitate it.

Pete pete@oakleafcc.co.uk

M.Acorn

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 05:27:37 pm »
No there isn`t Clinton,company she is buying the sofa from wanted to charge what she called extorshionate (spelling ? ) ammount to protect it,not sure how much, she didn`t say .

M.Acorn

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 05:28:57 pm »
Wow cheers Pete as in a free sample ?  ;D