Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jaykie

facelift poles
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:40:20 pm »
Have any of you guys got or had any poles made by facelift if so what are your opinions on them, im looking at what pole to get as i will need a longer pole if i get any of the commercial work ive just priced up, i was going to go for the ionics 6x6 foot pole but now will need something longer so thats a no go as the next one up has 8 foot section, so its now between the sl2 (dont need to know about this pole as read enough threads already) but i like the look of the 44 Ft Carbon Fibre Pole Weight : 5.07kg Sections : 8 x 6 feet, i prefer the idea of a telescopic pole but then i like the idea that if i did get a sl2 then i could add to it if i need to go higher and also a 45 foot sl2 is nearly half the price of facelift 45 foot. How many times a month do any of you guys go upto to 50 or 60 foot.

Chris

Alex Wingrove

Re: facelift poles
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 03:42:50 pm »
hello,

ive got the 44ft one and to be honest after using superlite poles im not too keen on using this for too long, they are heavy and more whippy than superlites,

so if i were you and i have alot of commercial work id stick with the superlites,

jaykie

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 03:47:58 pm »
Cheers Alex

www.faceliftcleaning.co.uk/store/204.html

is this the pole youve got, i thought they had very little flex.

Chris

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 03:51:08 pm »
I have a 35ft facelift and to be honest that is as high as i like to go with it any higher and i use the sl2 which comes into its own at that height and above
its so much lighter and easier to control if somewhat fragile

NWH

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 03:53:03 pm »
Superlite for high repetitive work you can`t beat it,IMO facelift poles are the best built telescopic pole there is.The clamps are so easy to use and they last for ages and ages before you need to adjust them if at all,anything under 30 odd ft i would get a carbon facelift for anything higher Sl2.If you get a 34ft facelift carbon ask them to send you a glass section so it can be used at 24ft aswell.

jaykie

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 03:57:42 pm »
I was hoping there would be nothing but positive posts to this so my decision would be made up

Chris

NWH

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 04:06:10 pm »
If you can afford it get them both,IMO the SL2 is a must in anyones van it will always give you your money back in time saved when working at height.My choice of a tele pole up to 30ft would be facelift.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 04:51:27 pm »
all poles have a certain amount of whip there is nothing that can be done to stop it, but certain poles have less,

its a good pole, just wouldnt want to use it all day everyday at 44ft, 5kg is heavy when your lifting it up and down about 10times a window

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 05:15:34 pm »
god i have a hybrid pole  and an x-tel poles. not used them yet as  not installed system.

are these poles any good ?

always reading about all thes eothe rpoles but don't see much about onbes i have

eddie d

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 06:53:53 pm »
have been using a facelift 44 for a few yrs now.
its a very good pole ,but as the other guys say ,its still a bit heavy above 35.imo any thing above 35 go for a superlite.

its alway difficult but ,id suggest you go for a slx 25 or facelift 35 and a superlite.that combination will have you covered.

brett walker

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 07:12:19 pm »
ive got a 34ft carbon fibre facelift pole, i dont find it heavy at all its the best pole ive used its rigid and i will get plenty of use out of it.  I would highly recommend one

Ive had 2 ionics ergo-lites and they were not cheap and the sections just wore away within a year i was not impressed

regards

Brett

Mr H

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 07:48:26 pm »
Not tried a Facelift but after reading their site info on their poles I personally think each section is too long. Some of the longer poles have 8ft sections similar to the Ionics poles which makes them very cumbersome for lengthening or shortening. I'm 6ft 1" and had an Ionics Ergolite and that was a pain due to the section lengths.

Regards
Mr H

STEVE-UK

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 07:51:50 pm »
Chris, I have a 36 ft brodex cobra carbon pole which weighs slightly more than the xtel 31ft you sold me(4.5 kg), I would recommend these over the ionics as they are just as rigid but weigh a lot less,but they cost about £750 new

Russell oxley

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 07:59:49 pm »
We do have 2 poles that are in 8ft sections

The problem is trying to keep the diameter of the poles thin versus getting the height of the big poles.

Would you prefer us to go one section thicker and keep the sections lower???? maybe less than 6ft

Your thoughts

Russell

NWH

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 08:01:05 pm »
Not tried a Facelift but after reading their site info on their poles I personally think each section is too long. Some of the longer poles have 8ft sections similar to the Ionics poles which makes them very cumbersome for lengthening or shortening. I'm 6ft 1" and had an Ionics Ergolite and that was a pain due to the section lengths.

Regards
Mr H

Cut it down i did i cut just over a foot of each section and what a pole it is now,about 5" with the brush perrrrrfect. ;D ;D ;D

STEVE-UK

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 08:04:35 pm »
i prefer 6 foot sections max, poles with 8 ft sections are awkward to adjust once the pole is up

Mr H

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 08:08:14 pm »
I sold it and got an SL2...... Perfect pole would be a telescopic SL2.

In answer to Russel I think it would make the pole more manageable. Betterto have the anoyance of a larger diameter base than the hassle of haveing to "walk" the thing up the side of a building and then realising its to short and having to bring it all the way down to make a 5 second adjustment or having to bring it all the way down because ou are going to do the next floor down. A lightweight aluminium handle on the base section would solve any problems with the diameter.

Regards
Mr H

eddie d

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 08:59:08 pm »
russell
leave them as they are.
i prefer the 6 ft secs ,the slx has 5 ft secs and after using both ,i find the facelift 6ft secs more user friendly .and of cxoarse gives that little bit extra height,
eddie