Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

Re: Wfp in freezing weather
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 01:28:42 pm »
Cover my path with skiddy unsightly salt and I'd sack you.

Squeaky, I remember last winter you were against this idea. Slip and die and your customers family wont only sack you but sue you. Have you ever tried it? if you havent you will be suprised. You only need a tiny sprinkling that isnt even noticeable. You cant see it and the customer is safe! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 08:56:08 pm »
when working a couple of years ago it wasnt cold enough to freeze the van but the wind chill was cold, the water started freezing on the glass and the pavements ended up being sheets of glass. dont forget your rock salt!!

I remember a few years back when I was trad up the ladders and water freezing on the glass mop on and blade off no chance trying to scrape the ice off the glass lol packed up and went home - but now Im water fed pole and have more work than I did last year im gonna see what the crack is with the cold weather and wfp I think last year some of the posts were on about heaters in the vans overnight to stop freezing must admit its sounds like a good idea think im gonna try that if it gets really cold - still got my trusty trolley as a backup aswell though  ;)

NBwcs

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 09:48:08 pm »
Isnt there a big issue concerning putting salt down with regards to admitting repsonsibility for causing the slip hazzard in the first place? I remember round these parts a couple of years ago, a local shopping complex wouldnt put any down for that very reason, and it was trecherous. We live in such an "American style sue for anything culture" its ridiculous. 

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 10:17:38 pm »
Isnt there a big issue concerning putting salt down with regards to admitting repsonsibility for causing the slip hazzard in the first place? I remember round these parts a couple of years ago, a local shopping complex wouldnt put any down for that very reason, and it was trecherous. We live in such an "American style sue for antthing culture" its ridiculous. 
I wouldn't even entertain the thought.
I've skidded on it myself a few times.

Tim82

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 09:22:20 am »
I was worried about this after starting last year. All i did last year was run some hot water through the system first thing on an icey morning then didnt have any probs rest of day.