Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

varistream setting?
« on: October 06, 2008, 08:59:43 pm »
I splashed out today on my first varistream! always used a by-pass before. And I have to say that I am quite impressed with it! I was just wondering what setting most people find best for regular cleans? I have always used a high flow rate, but I am trying to use less water if I can, so I don't have to go home halfway through the day to refill!!  :)

Re: varistream setting?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:03:33 pm »
Hi Hedgehog.

Get some triggers on ur poles as well fella, the 2 together will half ur water usage.

groundhog

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 09:04:45 pm »
Blimey!! A blast from the past!!! how you doing me old mate?  ;)

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 09:25:57 pm »
Fine thanx mate.  ;D

How's you doing? I did enjoy our banter,  :o ;D

I've got triggers on my poles & they save loads of water, take abit of getting used to but well worth it.

Cacc

groundhog

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 09:31:16 pm »
Hi Hedgehog.

Get some triggers on ur poles as well fella, the 2 together will half ur water usage.

I now have a tap on my hose, I always used to bend the pole hose to stop the flow. I don't think a trigger would work very well for me, as I use my pole clampless, so I use my lower hand to hold the bottom of the pole and the hose, which makes it awkward operating a trigger! I may give it a go though. I used to enjoy our banter as well mate, but I'm a good boy now! so I won't sling any insults at you anymore, well I will try to resist the urge anyway!!!  :-X :-X  ;D

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 09:40:09 pm »
You never know mate you might get on with trigger's.  ???

As for insults, i don't mind you having a pop, i know you mean it realy. LOL.  ;D :-*

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 12:02:12 am »
Trigger :

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trigger-Valve-Spray-Ideal-for-Water-Fed-Pole-Systems_W0QQitemZ380006720947QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item380006720947&_trkparms=72%3A1301|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

As for the Varistream, it totally depends on what hose you are using, and what length, on my setup listed below, you need 8 on the shut off pressure (hold + and - together, then, press it once more so you can select it, select 8, then turn it off, and then on again) and flow rate at 2. This gives about 1.7lpm at the brush head, good for cleaning, and the pump works well with that shutoff pressure as well, doesn't blow out.

dai

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 05:30:41 pm »
You will have to experiment yourself mate, I use a flow rate number 2 and the pressure as low as I can get away with. At first the pressure was far too high, I burst the pump outlet hose twice.
If any air gets at all gets into the system, the settings go haywire.
I get a combination of letters and numbers up on the display, I selected B for the pressure, and that works fine.