Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

Mineral deposits.
« on: October 07, 2008, 01:19:47 pm »
I have couple of windows on a house i started cleaning  last month and i have noticed some marks on the glass that look like water marks.
They are very hard to remove, i can only put it down to some sand or lime stone slabs that are above them on the mini wall that surrounds a flat roof, so when it rains the water from the slabs drips onto them.
This has properbly been going on for some time now and wondered if there is any thing i  could use to remove the marks ???
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

Re: Mineral deposits.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 02:03:08 pm »
mineral deposit remover perhaps?

Is their such a product? if so do you know what is called apart from mineral deposit remover! and where can it be bought from?.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 02:39:15 pm »
Let us all know how you got on, i got a few custys i could sell the service too :P

Xline Systems

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 02:50:03 pm »
i know something thats awsome for removing limescale watermarks. its called multinex. but caution nasty stuff. you must i repeat you must wash off straight away. can remove paint and allsorts

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 03:11:42 pm »
Thanks JC i'll give it a go and let you know how it goes, it won't be for a couple of weeks though :)

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 04:01:49 pm »
A lot of ordinary shower cleaners from Tesco work just as well. Cement washdown can permanently etch glass if it is left on.

baldeagle

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 04:14:22 pm »
Lime scale remover, for taps and baths, from Morrisons.
Baldeagle
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

dai

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 05:10:14 pm »
Lawn sprinklers are the worst culprits for leaving mineral deposits on glass, not that we have had much need for them this year.