Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kevin R

Re: DIY cctv problems
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2008, 05:59:48 pm »
Looks good.

Is the unit waterproof / shower resistant? Or are you going to put it some where dry and record then playback?

ftp

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2008, 06:08:06 pm »
No, no and no.  ;D I could connect to a video and record but i'm not at that stage yet. This is really more for me to view rather than the customer at the moment. I'm still not sure of working in the rain with electrical devices and will need an extension cable too.
If it all goes well and i make money then i can update to a proper system later.

Kevin R

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2008, 06:10:52 pm »
I do like the idea of the tripod though.  Viewing the screen on a sunny day may be a small problem but a hood like photographers use would solve that.

So is the screen mains operated then?

ftp

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2008, 06:13:54 pm »
It should be but i adapted it to run off the bottle battery. I can reconnect to run off the mains or a micro inverter in my van. Because i have no record facility yet i need to view close to the cam and pole.

ftp

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2008, 06:17:31 pm »
Kev, are you able to suck and record at the same time from the same pole?

Kevin R

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2008, 06:26:07 pm »
Kev, are you able to suck and record at the same time from the same pole?

Yes you are able to do that,  but I don't because it's very easy to bash the camera and its very difficult to work while viewing the screen live due to reflection on the screen, position etc.

I use my camera on a different pole, I record the survey ( I dont even watch the screen as its inside my bag)  then I play back the footage. I then vac by feel and then re-survey when Im done vacuuming. A camera is an excellent tool for surveying the job and checking your work but mostly you can tell if your clearing the gutter by feel and sound. To be honest on some domestic type gutters I dont bother with a pre-survey I just vac as its quicker.