Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter holley

good decision
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:07:42 pm »
last year i put a block add (business card size) in yellow pages.... it was quite good but cost £20 / month... this year i opted for the free line in the book, and the free listing on yell .com.

i have had the same generating of calls as the block add...one of which was a large factory which i did thismorning as a one off....for  £230  for 4 hrs on a first clean...they needed it done on short notice as they had some overseas clients visiting, so i did  fit it in within 7 days...they were pleased with my prompt service and work and now want it done every 6 months....

last week i put an add in a local community mag with another window cleaner, so we split the cost... my number for xx area....and his number for yy area, £40....so £20 each...and iv started having calls already... :D :D :D i know its early days but i think this will work :D

Sir Squeaky

Re: good decision
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 09:20:46 pm »
last week i put an add in a local community mag with another window cleaner, so we split the cost... my number for xx area....and his number for yy area, £40....so £20 each...and iv started having calls already... :D :D :D i know its early days but i think this will work :D
Good on you.
All the pessimistic miserys will appear soon and tell you it's pointless. ::)

NWH

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 09:22:44 pm »
It`s pointless lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D :-*

peter holley

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 09:26:02 pm »
i agree its all in my mind you cant charge that much .....im overexagerating :-\aaaaggghhh

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 09:28:38 pm »
Bless me I think squeaky is becoming a more positive person.

I've been thinking about your trader offer, and think she may be just starting out.The featured article didn't ring true (not free anyway) If you know of one more established seek it out. Get your pics ready just in case.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 10:44:06 pm »

I've been thinking about your trader offer, and think she may be just starting out.The featured article didn't ring true (not free anyway) If you know of one more established seek it out. Get your pics ready just in case.
;D See what I mean?

Give it a rest!
It's the biggest in the area. ::)

LWC

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 07:30:17 am »
so when yellow pages try to call me AGAIN ill mention that i knew somenoe who had a block in the yellow pages and he still gets the same response from the free ad on yell.com  ;D

glen parva

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 10:28:27 am »
last week i put an add in a local community mag with another window cleaner, so we split the cost... my number for xx area....and his number for yy area, £40....so £20 each...and iv started having calls already...    i know its early days but i think this will work

please beware it wont last  i done this for about a year in a local area mag about 4000 circa  homes and buissness  frist 3 months got call after call but about 3months +  started to dry up  maybe its the hard times or its time to move on  costs me £35.00 a month  best of luck keep pluging

Tim82

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 11:37:42 am »
I put my details in thompson and yell a couple of years ago and all I got from it was mostly an increase of sales calls!!! I did get a couple of jobs from it but most of the people calling me live miles away from my other work, so i've probably passed on more than I've taken on. Oh, well.... share the love eh!

Tim82

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 11:38:24 am »
oh..... and IT'S POINTLESS!!!!    ;) ;) ;)

Tim82

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 11:41:11 am »

I've been thinking about your trader offer, and think she may be just starting out.

p holley is a she? just wondering  :)

peter holley

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 12:33:07 pm »

I've been thinking about your trader offer, and think she may be just starting out.

i am a brother

Tim82

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 12:34:15 pm »

i am a brother

Hello, brother! .."she" must of been a typo then.

Tim82

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 12:35:45 pm »
I wonder how many women window cleaners there are out there anyway...apart from my wife.

peter holley

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 12:39:38 pm »
i cant wait for my daughters to leave school!   £££££££ ;D

my wife thinks she is above it >:(

Tim82

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 01:25:42 pm »
well if you're near a toilet then it's great working together as a couple!

Tosh

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 02:41:56 pm »
We stopped advertising in the books when we moved into this house; we had to cut costs because we had a lot to spend on sorting this place out; however I reckon it was a mistake.

To get the best out of the phone books, you have to be in there year-in-year-out.

Why?

Because people/businesses get new phone books and they end up lost or in the bin and they just stick with their out-of-date one.  Then three-years-down the line, they think, 'blimey, this phone book is from 2005 and then make an effort to keep the next one; so eventually, after a few years, the old issue or the new issue, you'll be in everyone's houses or businesses.

I'm honestly still getting calls from my 2005 Yellow Pages, Blue Book, and another smaller one; not often mind; but I still do get them.

I will start up again in the books though; however I can't afford a 2K per year advert than some window cleaners spend; but maybe that's the reason why I can't afford to do it, because I won't make the effort to do it; not yet anyway.

It's all about risk and return I guess.