Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cybersye

can anyone in the brighton area help me ?
« on: September 19, 2008, 08:51:02 pm »
Hi, I want to invest in a new ro system onboard my van, having spoken to gaps water about this today in order to work out what the production rate of a 4040 would be with regards to my pressure and tds their suggestion was to find somebody with a system onboard their van and just get them to plug in to my supply, unfortunately all the wc's I know have static systems. If there is anybody in the brighton area who could oblige I would be most greatful and could see you ok for a few beers  ;) please reply here
Thanks
Simon

chris@c.m.s

Re: can anyone in the brighton area help me ?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 10:25:48 pm »
I have a pressure gauge you could borrow and combined with your tds I'd have thought gaps should be able to provide you with some figures, I do have a pumped 4040 but again it is a static system, is there no chance you could do the same ? if your van gets stolen its just more to replace.   
Sussex by the sea

cybersye

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 12:01:08 am »
Thanks chris, the problem with pressure guages attached to your mains as June from gaps water explained is that they often give a higher reading and are inaccurate. A hose supply to your van will also alter this. I tried a guage on my mains tap and it read approx 70 - 80 psi, she suspects its more like 40. I have a small static system in a first floor 1 bed flat with merlin ro, horrible waste ratio and product of 37 ppm ( my supppy is 350 ppm). I'm looking at a substantial investment ( for me anyway)  with buying a twin 4040 ro to install on the van as my workload has increased 3 fold since I started a couple of years ago. Its no longer viable for me to produce statically in such a confined space and neither is it to my neighbours. I have several friends and properties where with the correct quick filling equipment in place I could produce pure water on board the van as and when I need it. I asked gaps water as to the expected production and fill times and these are not set in stone ( these are not only relative to pressure and tds but also to what dissolvable solids make that total), hence June suggested this idea as to give me some realistic expectations as to how well their products or any 4040 ,for the matter, would perform ( a very honest answer I think you'll agree).
 Thanks for the reply and kind offer anyhow.
Simon

jaykie

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 07:16:40 pm »
If youd of posted this 4 hours earlier i could of helped as i went through Brighton on my way to Worthing this morning.

Chris

jaykie

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 08:14:09 am »
This forum keeps changing times on posts, as ive posted at certain times and when ive come back on it has changed the time and i know this as ive been out at the time it says i posted,

STEVE-UK

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 09:50:56 am »
my mate has low pressure of about 40psi with a 4040 system, i think it took about 8 hours to fill his 640 tank, he was still getting about 038 reading,then added a water softener which bought it down to 008-014

jaykie

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 11:04:33 am »
I got a water softner and mune is 5 before di, takes me about 7 hours on 20 psi