Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave0123

Training
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:40:57 pm »
For the lads who employ, whats the best way to train employees for trad to start with doing grounds?.

Also do you pay the lad if you get rained off for a full day?

Thanks Dave
Dave.

seandyer2003

Re: Training
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 06:44:27 pm »
I dont employ so i am not an authority on it (yet), my thoughts about weather though were to pay a flat day rate that was subsidised by work done, so you could pay flat rate for day off due to unforseen circumstances , or offer a saturday? Or they use it as a holiday? Or you work??? NO easy way round it really??

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 08:12:02 pm »
I have told everyone that ive ever employed and it has been in their contract that if the vans don't roll - because of weather, they don't get paid.

Rob ;D

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:15:34 pm »
I have told everyone that ive ever employed and it has been in their contract that if the vans don't roll - because of weather, they don't get paid.

Rob ;D

I agree, I dont think it would be a very profitable venture for you if yo payed people to stay at home, I

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 08:16:03 pm »

Rob ;D

I agree, I dont think it would be a very profitable venture for you if yo payed people to stay at home, I dont employee, but I would have them out with you for a while where you can show them the ropes, possible agree a training wage, as they really wont earn you much then put it up.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 08:26:02 pm »
Going back a couple of years now I took a couple of lads on and paid then £6.00 per hour for the first month. Month 2 I put it up to £7.00 per hour - this was their training month. Month3 they went up to £8.00 per hour and this was where they should have been getting to grips with the way the round worked. Then two months after this and presuming everything was working out they went up to £9.00 per hour.

I found the easiest way to train someone to traditional clean was to stand behind them (just good friends ;D) and guide their hand - with them holding the blade and applicator.

Rob ;D

prestigeclean

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 08:31:31 pm »
why get rained off ?

dave0123

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 08:37:11 pm »
Thanks lads,

he is only a young lad too not like he has a family to support etc, so proberly just best to offer a saturday as a day to work if we get rained off in the week were he can earn back the money lost.

I found the easiest way to train someone to traditional clean was to stand behind them (just good friends ) and guide their hand - with them holding the blade and applicator.

thanks il try that. thats how i was taught thinking about it ;D

why get rained off

Because i dont work in heavy rain and i dont think my customers would like it, i work in light rain though.

dave
Dave.