Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: pay another window cleaner
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 04:39:59 pm »
there sound lads, the wife did she stuck a note on the front door saying services no longer required because were moving which we were but i put moving off for a few months whilst dog had pups and we decorated the other house so i got chatting to him again and one thing led to another and he is doing them again

I'm surprised that a window cleaner's wife would communicate by sticking a note on the front door.  Sod's law always dictates that when someone does that, the front door is the last window you do   :)

kris martin

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 04:41:15 pm »
there sound lads, the wife did she stuck a note on the front door saying services no longer required because were moving which we were but i put moving off for a few months whilst dog had pups and we decorated the other house so i got chatting to him again and one thing led to another and he is doing them again

I'm surprised that a window cleaner's wife would communicate by sticking a note on the front door.  Sod's law always dictates that when someone does that, the front door is the last window you do   :)
i know thats what i thought hoping that they hadnt done the back first....  because i hate it when it happens to me..

Tim82

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 04:47:16 pm »
 It always takes me agea to do my own windows. Probably every 6 months!! If I got someone else to do mine I'd get a friend to do it. One of my friends does a few down my road.

kris martin

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 04:56:57 pm »
It always takes me agea to do my own windows. Probably every 6 months!! If I got someone else to do mine I'd get a friend to do it. One of my friends does a few down my road.
This is why my wife got fed up of waiting...   

seandyer2003

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 05:12:38 pm »
he charges next door but one £3.00, it is cheap but i think it generally reflects what WC charge where i live based on the people i know who have window cleaners...

my wifes mum pays £2.70 (wfp)

Your in manchester arent you kris, because thats where i am, but my prices are more than that!
nah mate i'm from manchester and have the majority of my work there but i live in west yorkshire... (out in the sticks the quite life)

O nice, whereabouts,  if thats not cheeky ;D i love it round calderdale i cycle over to stoodley pike, and near the whitehouse on blackstone edge quite alot, also go to a brewery shop in todmorden that my mate built for the guy who runs it, the beer there is ace! You near that area??

kris martin

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 05:56:08 pm »
yeah i live in todmorden mate, you talking about the brewery shop that has purple barrels?

i know i love it up here stunning scenery here in todmorden... luv it..

i went for a bike ride down to Todmorden park a couple of hours ago with the dog, r u from near here?

kris martin

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 06:00:01 pm »
sorry mate just realised your in manchester..

tonyoliver

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 09:32:18 pm »

stories like that give new meaning to the often heard phrase from people, "Its really hard to find a good window cleaner".

gerard  :
)why dont they pay us accordingly then

seandyer2003

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 10:11:21 pm »
yeah i live in todmorden mate, you talking about the brewery shop that has purple barrels?

i know i love it up here stunning scenery here in todmorden... luv it..

i went for a bike ride down to Todmorden park a couple of hours ago with the dog, r u from near here?

Yeah the one thats purple- barearts! My mate builds breweries so he built the brewery he has about a mile up the road from morrisons, no not from near toddy, but i like it up there, would love to move that way but mrs's is from the countryside (norfolk) and likes being in the city :( I seen a cleaner out that way about 3 week ago on a drive out to howarth, they were on the main road there in oxenhope with wooden ladders, not you??

kris martin

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 11:12:44 pm »
nah not me mate, i wont work where i kive its bad enough when i go and see my mum in manchester constantly saying hello to everybody anyhow i use alloy ladders, well that is when i use ladders...

they also have a shop over the road from morrisons, one of my friends used to live above it...

seandyer2003

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 08:33:58 am »
yeah the shop is opposite morrisons and the brewery is just on the corner of bacup road, its good, you should go in and get a barrell or two if you havent already tried it...the only problem when i go in is he knows my mate so we get given loads of samples and ending up having to drive home a bit tipsy, so i try not to go with him anymore!

kris martin

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 09:44:04 am »
yeah the shop is opposite morrisons and the brewery is just on the corner of bacup road, its good, you should go in and get a barrell or two if you havent already tried it...the only problem when i go in is he knows my mate so we get given loads of samples and ending up having to drive home a bit tipsy, so i try not to go with him anymore!
funny, how much is it a barrell